Switchboard - cannot go back to Main Switchboard after opening a Table (1 Viewer)

access_uk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:06
Hello

Hope you are all well.

I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue:

I am having problems with my Switchboard in Access 2003 where when I click the button to open a Table from the Switchboard, the "Go Back To Main Switchboard" button stops working.

My Main Switchboard contains buttons to view each Object separately:

View Table
View Form
View Report

Under View Table I have:

Open Employees Table
Go Back to Main Switchboard

If I click 'Open Employees Table' first, the 'Go Back to Main Switchboard' button stops working.

This only happens when I open a Table. If I go to View Form and open a Form, I can go back to the Main Switchboard.

I Googled it and this seems to be a bug with Access.

I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem before and know a workaround to this problem?

Many Thanks

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 06:06
A workaround for this problem is -

1. don't use the built in switchboard (I don't like it and build my own UI)

2. don't open tables from it. They shouldn't be worked in directly anyway.

access_uk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:06
Thanks, but this is for an assignment and I have to open the Tables from the Switchboard.

If I build my own Switchboard, how can I make the new Switchboard open in the Main Switchboard rather than as a separate form?

Many Thanks

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:06
If this is for a class assignment, and the instructor wants you to open a form from the switchboard, my suggestion would be to drop the class and demand your money back, because the instructor has no idea what he or she is doing!

As SOS said, Tables should never be accessed directly, but only thru Forms or Queries. Any instructor teaching you to do so is committing a grave error by teaching very poor habits!

And where is this Go Back to Main Switchboard button? Tables don't, to my knowledge, have Command Buttons.

This is the kind of thing you expect a newby to try to do, not something assigned by a so called instructor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom