Originally Posted by Ziggy1
Can you describe what the users need to do with the Form what is the purpose?
The form is to be emailed to an external company for the purpose of approving/rejecting drawings that have sent in for apprasal.
Also by clarify your definition of "Form" do you have a document that is produced that is filled in or are you talking about an actual Access Form (object).
The form mentioned is a word document
RTF will not likely be your best solution because if you take a report for example and export to RTF it loses alot of formatting (lines, OLE etc).
Now I am talking Access 2000, so if later versions don't do that then I can't say.
so just give some more details on your process, and I or someone else can guide you in the right direction
The process involved is relatively simple.
1) site is given (nominated) to an external contractor to design & build
2) the date the nomination sent, received and arranged site visit is tracked and measured.
3) initial drawings (planning drawings) are sent in for approval
4) again drawing receipt from nomination is tracked as is approval
5) if drawings accepted then form sent with comments approved. if rejected reasonsare stated and reveions requested.
6) upon approval of first set of drawings. A second set called construction drawings are produced, these are tracked against approval of the planning drawings and original nomination date, and follow the same approval process.