Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 04-17-2019, 03:50 AM   #1
MattBaldry
Newly Registered User

MattBaldry is on a distinguished road
Changing Row Colours in a Report

Hello all,

Is there a code where I can specify a customer colour in a table and then use this to colour a row background in a report?

Lets say I add 3 customers, I want to be able to specify the colour for each customer in a table, but this may be able to change if required.

I am sure I have read something like this before, but cannot find it.

~Matt

MattBaldry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:12 AM   #2
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,378 Times in 2,186 Posts
isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all
Re: Changing Row Colours in a Report

You could use a reference table with different colours assigned for each customer. I do something similar with different types of event in calendar forms/reports

Try looking at these two related pages on my website: http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/c...ter/4594450413
http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/c...ons/4594464193

Alternatively, add a reference field to your table & use a different value for each customer. Then use conditional formatting based on the value of that field

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM   #3
Pat Hartman
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,448 Times in 1,380 Posts
Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all
Re: Changing Row Colours in a Report

You are thinking pretty small if you want to assign a color to each customer. How many customers do you plan to have? There are very few colors that work well as backgrounds and you will run out of them in short order.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: