Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Old 09-23-2019, 11:29 AM   #31
Pat Hartman
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,592 Times in 1,512 Posts
Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all
Re: Requery just ONE row from sql server

Sounds like a large table and no index on Group.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:13 PM   #32
sonic8
AWF VIP

sonic8 is on a distinguished road
Re: Requery just ONE row from sql server

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarTree View Post
I created a pass-through query that mimics the Form recordsource, but also returns Row_Number. Then I run another query off the P-T query which grabs the RowNum that matches the criteria, then I go to that RowNum on the form. It runs relatively quickly.
Interesting idea. That simulates what Access/ODBC does automatically when using a linked table (or view) with a standard query in Access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarTree View Post
I don't need a View, or indexing, etc.
I agree on you not needing a view. - When I suggested that, I assumed a complex query across multiple tables. - That is a very common reason for using a Pass-Through-Query.

However, I think indexing is the one thing you most urgently need! Put an index on tblPersons.Group in SQL Server and then check how your queries behave. - I guess this might solve your problem completely.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: