Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Old 10-21-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
victoriarai77
Newly Registered User

victoriarai77 is on a distinguished road
Question Hyperlink in Individual Form, Number in Combined Form

Hello, I want to preface with the fact that we are pretty novice when it comes to using Access. The help we've received in the past was extremely kind and helpful, so I'm positive that this community will be patient and knowledgeable. So I work in an R&D lab and we are attempting to use Access to create a form in which those from other departments can request different types of testing, while also being connected with our internal drive. Meaning, we wish to utilize hyperlinks within the database to connect to folders in the internal drive. So our problem is this: When we created the individual form for Lot Number, we have successfully created a hyperlink using the associated Data Type. The idea is to have lot number such as "MR-1800" hyperlinked so that it will lead right to that associated folder in the internal drive. However, when the Lot Number form is added to the LabForm1, this Data type field has changed to Number, and displays instead an un-hyperlinked folder address. We are unable to change the Data type when in this form, as we are getting a "relationship" error. How can we resolve this and get the Lot Number Data type to be Hyperlink on LabForm1?
Any insight on this would be tremendously appreciated. I have attached a JPEG image that shows exactly what we are seeing, as well as the saved Access file itself.
Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you lovely Access experts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide1.jpg (76.7 KB, 15 views)
Attached Files
File Type: accdb Current Database.accdb (784.0 KB, 9 views)

victoriarai77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,232 Times in 1,213 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hyperlink in Individual Form, Number in Combined Form

Hi Victoria. You won't see the hyperlink in the LabForm1 table because the hyperlink data is in the Lot table. I recommend you create a query to join the two tables together. For example, here's a design view:

And here's what it looks like when executed/viewed as a datasheet:

Attached Images
File Type: png query_design.PNG (15.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: png query_data.PNG (5.2 KB, 47 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theDBguy For This Useful Post:
victoriarai77 (10-21-2019)
Old 10-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

Firstly they are not forms, they are just table views.
In your lot table, lot is defined as a hyperlink, in you other table it is not.?

You have Lot as a combo in LabForm1, which I have never seen before. Didi not even know it could be done.

Little above my pay grade,sorry.

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #4
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
Firstly they are not forms, they are just table views.
In your lot table, lot is defined as a hyperlink, in you other table it is not.?

You have Lot as a combo in LabForm1, which I have never seen before. Didi not even know it could be done.

Little above my pay grade,sorry.
Ah, I didn't even see she's using a Lookup Field. Good eye!

|
|
Old 10-21-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDBguy View Post
Ah, I didn't even see she's using a Lookup Field. Good eye!
Damn,
That is what you get for having a bad memory. I have actually done the same thing when I first started Access, before I learnt about Lookups at table level not being a good idea?.

So I did know it could be done.

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:33 AM   #6
victoriarai77
Newly Registered User

victoriarai77 is on a distinguished road

As for the query suggested by theDBguy. I was able to replicate what you showed me, but how do I get that relationship? I have those boxes but no arrow (I'm really a novice) How does that enable me to have a hyperlink in the LabForm1 table?
victoriarai77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:48 AM   #7
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriarai77 View Post
As for the query suggested by theDBguy. I was able to replicate what you showed me, but how do I get that relationship? I have those boxes but no arrow (I'm really a novice) How does that enable me to have a hyperlink in the LabForm1 table?
Not in the table. It will have to be in a query or form.

|
|

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: