Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Site Suggestions

Old 03-07-2019, 04:15 AM   #1
Minty
AWF VIP

Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,706 Posts
Minty is a jewel in the rough Minty is a jewel in the rough Minty is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Site Down intermittently?

I couldn't connect for 4-5 hours yesterday, and again this morning for an hour or so ?

Yesterday it appeared it wasn't just me, anyone else having issues today?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:19 AM   #2
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,979 Times in 2,710 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Site Down intermittently?

Yes - everyone affected yesterday. I was as well today.
I informed Jon both times via his other forum

Website links:

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Minty (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 05:00 AM   #3
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo

Yes, I couldn't get on yesterday, I haven't been on much this morning so I can't speak for today

-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)
Uncle Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:26 AM   #4
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Thanked 1,886 Times in 62 Posts
Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future

I think my host is claiming some kind of DDOS attack, or multiple IPs accessing the server at the same time. It is hard to know if it is just bad hosting or if it is to do with an attack. My other sites with the same host were up, while this website was down.

I remember about 10 years ago, we lost about 140,000 posts because the site was hacked. They didn't like us because of the death of a Palestinian leader, or something like that. (facepalm)

That host said they kept backups, but they didn't when I needed them!

Jon
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
site is down

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: