Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Site Suggestions

Old 05-27-2019, 04:24 AM   #1
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,554 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Jon - problem with TheMindTavern

Jon, your site TheMindTavern is unresponsive since about midnight last night (New Orleans time) and thus has been down for at least 8 hours.

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:40 AM   #2
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Thanked 1,887 Times in 62 Posts
Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future
Re: Jon - problem with TheMindTavern

Thanks for letting me know Doc. I presume it is a hosting issue again, since it shares the same hosting with these forums.

Jon
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:00 AM   #3
Minty
AWF VIP

Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,706 Posts
Minty is a jewel in the rough Minty is a jewel in the rough Minty is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm it's up for me from the UK ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Whatever was going on, it affected two of my systems - a Win7 and a WinXP, with fully updated Firefox. However, it might have been a Firefox bug, because after tonight's Firefox update, the problem has gone away. Sorry, Jon, might have been me this time. Or, at least, might have been Firefox.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:11 AM   #5
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future

I did a bit of Googling and came across this error with people using Firefox. Maybe it was that. In future, if it happens it would be easy to test another browser to rule it out.

Jon
Old 05-31-2019, 06:12 AM   #6
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Yep, I still have the "standard" Microsoft browser, though to me it is poor when compared to Firefox. But I will remember to try it next time before sounding the alarm.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:15 AM   #7
Jon
Access World Site Owner

Any reason you are not using Chrome?

Jon
Old 06-03-2019, 04:44 AM   #8
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

When I was still with the Navy as a contractor, we were given a list of approved browsers in order of preference. Firefox was higher on the list (at the time) due to its ability to run the on-line training presentations mandated by the Navy for all affiliated personnel. As I recall, Chrome was also approved but with a note regarding that it would be more likely for the presentations to work with Firefox than with Chrome. By now I would expect that any issues have been resolved, but at the time, I used Firefox and just got accustomed to it.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:48 AM   #9
Jon
Access World Site Owner

I used to use Firefox too because it had lots of extensions and plugins back then. Chrome overtook it and so I did the switch. I just cannot get into Microsoft's latest effort, Edge.

Jon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: