Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Queries

Old 10-31-2019, 12:45 PM   #16
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,107 Times in 2,825 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: How to sum and calculate from tables?

Is it a small issue we can help you with or a big issue?
If the latter try creating your own form with combo boxes and a subform with the crosstab data

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:13 PM   #17
tihmir
Newly Registered User

tihmir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
Is it a small issue we can help you with or a big issue?
If the latter try creating your own form with combo boxes and a subform with the crosstab data
I apologize, but I cannot understand the meaning of the small or big issuе.
I try to explain to myself how it is possible to look for something in the Crosstab that is missing. I mean that in the Crosstab there are none fields - "Workers" and "Date". When I add these fields to the "qryCountInspectionTypes" it working properly. But when I started crosstab "qryCountInspectionTypes" it does not show all records.
I apologize if I have not expressed myself correctly in my post #15
tihmir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:32 AM   #18
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihmir View Post
I apologize, but I cannot understand the meaning of the small or big issuе.
I try to explain to myself how it is possible to look for something in the Crosstab that is missing. I mean that in the Crosstab there are none fields - "Workers" and "Date". When I add these fields to the "qryCountInspectionTypes" it working properly. But when I started crosstab "qryCountInspectionTypes" it does not show all records.
I apologize if I have not expressed myself correctly in my post #15
Hi
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wondered if you were stuck on a specific issue or had no idea where to start.
As for the extra fields, its easy enough to add them to both queries. See attached

If that's what you want, it should be fairly straightforward to use that query as the record source in an adapted version of the emulated split form (ESF)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Database_EN_v3.zip (90.2 KB, 5 views)

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
tihmir (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 04:27 AM   #19
tihmir
Newly Registered User

Hi
Quote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wondered if you were stuck on a specific issue or had no idea where to start.
As for the extra fields, its easy enough to add them to both queries. See attached

If that's what you want, it should be fairly straightforward to use that query as the record source in an adapted version of the emulated split form (ESF)
Thanks again for the help you give me! I created emulated split form (ESF) with cbo and Date from/ To filters. The query works perfect. It show records sorted between dates and sorted by workes. But the records into the (ESF) are not
united for each Object. Here's what I mean:
Attached Images
File Type: png Pic2.png (53.1 KB, 21 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Database_EN_v4.zip (141.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by isladogs; 11-01-2019 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Added quote tags
Old 11-01-2019, 05:30 AM   #20
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

That's more tricky.
It will need dynamic Sql for the form record source when the search filters are applied.
I'll try and look at it later if I have time

BTW which version of the ESF did you use as it went through many iterations and what you have doesn't look familiar.

Website links:

Old 11-01-2019, 07:02 AM   #21
tihmir
Newly Registered User

Quote:
That's more tricky.
It will need dynamic Sql for the form record source when the search filters are applied.
I'll try and look at it later if I have time.
Тhank you very much in advance, isladogs!

Sorry I didn't understand what you mean
Quote:
BTW which version of the ESF did you use as it went through many iterations and what you have doesn't look familiar
Old 11-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #22
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Sorry. Just remembered this and will try and look at it tomorrow.

My comment was that I didn't recognise the code use in your 'split form'.
In fact its not a split form at all.
The screenshot shows a split form.
Attached Images
File Type: png splitform.PNG (19.8 KB, 15 views)

Website links:

Old 11-03-2019, 01:33 AM   #23
tihmir
Newly Registered User

Quote:
My comment was that I didn't recognise the code use in your 'split form'.
In fact its not a split form at all.
The screenshot shows a split form.
The code I use in my "Split Form" is from http://allenbrowne.com/casu-08.html. For my purpose it works perfectly. I use it often.
Quote:
I am very grateful for your help, isladogs. I hope there is a solution and an opportunity for the task.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:33 AM   #24
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Actually you are using a split form but hiding the single form part of it ...which defeats the object of using it really!
Possibly easier to just use a continuous subform?

With apologies, I really don't have the time to sort this out for you.
Rather than keep you waiting I've asked in the VIP forum and hopefully someone else will take it on.

In the meantime, have a look at the way I build multiple SQL strings from selected values in textboxes / combos in the IncidentAnalysis example app
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=302189
This includes selections based on date ranges

Website links:

Old 11-04-2019, 09:29 AM   #25
tihmir
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Possibly easier to just use a continuous subform?
Thank you for the advice. I'll try.
Quote:
Rather than keep you waiting I've asked in the VIP forum and hopefully someone else will take it on.
I keep waiting for help and advice. When you have free time about the decision, please write.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #26
June7
AWF VIP

June7 will become famous soon enough June7 will become famous soon enough

@tihmir, still an issue to resolve?
June7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #27
tihmir
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by June7 View Post
@tihmir, still an issue to resolve?
Yes, June7. I am still waiting for any solution on my problem - to sum up for each type of objectrecords in my qryCountInspectionTypes_Crosstab (as I showed in pic2 in my post #19). Аnd then I can search by name and date how many checks have been completed.
If there is another solution to achieve this I will be pleased to learn it.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:36 PM   #28
June7
AWF VIP

June7 will become famous soon enough June7 will become famous soon enough

Build a report with the CROSSTAB query and use report Sorting & Grouping features with aggregate calcs in textboxes and apply filter to report when opens.

OR

Build a CROSSTAB that doesn't include Worker and DateTask fields as Row Headers but uses those fields in WHERE clause. Will have to use Column Headers or Parameters - review http://allenbrowne.com/ser-67.html
June7 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to June7 For This Useful Post:
tihmir (11-06-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 11:11 PM   #29
tihmir
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by June7 View Post
Build a report with the CROSSTAB query and use report Sorting & Grouping features with aggregate calcs in textboxes and apply filter to report when opens.

OR

Build a CROSSTAB that doesn't include Worker and DateTask fields as Row Headers but uses those fields in WHERE clause. Will have to use Column Headers or Parameters - review http://allenbrowne.com/ser-67.html
Thank you for the advice, June7. I'll try to do it
Old 11-14-2019, 11:15 AM   #30
tihmir
Newly Registered User

I built a report with the 1st method and now it works fine (Thanks again June7).
Quote:
What I'm trying to do now is this - When I do not set a filter all objects appear and those that do not have inspections.When I filter with the filterform I want the objects that are not inspected (with value 0) to appear as well on the report. I want all objects (objects with Value=0 inspections) to be displayed even when I filter by date and worker.
The SQL on the Crosstab is:
Quote:
TRANSFORM Avg(qryTypes.CountCheckTypes) AS AvgOfCountCheckTypes
SELECT qryTypes.CodeObjectID, qryTypes.ObjectType, qryTypes.DateTask, qryTypes.Worker, Avg(qryTypes.CountCheckTypes) AS [Total Of CountCheckTypes]
FROM qryTypes
GROUP BY qryTypes.CodeObjectID, qryTypes.ObjectType, qryTypes.DateTask, qryTypes.Worker
PIVOT qryTypes.TypeOfCheck;
The VBA code оn the cmd button is http://allenbrowne.com/casu-08.html - Method 2: Form for entering the dates
And now I save the report in pdf
Quote:
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport
Is it possible to save the report to excel and how?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (28.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png 2.png (17.4 KB, 7 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: