Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Old 08-14-2005, 12:59 AM   #1
Anthony Gauci

Anthony Gauci is on a distinguished road
Filter button in form

I have a form and I have placed a "Filter by form" button in it. Now I would like to create a second button that applies the filter (same funtions as the funnel icon on the toolbar. I tried using a macro with a command but when I click the first button and the form is ready to accept my criteria for the filter both button are greyed out. The only way I could apply the filter is through the toolbar. Any way of doing this second button?

Anthony Gauci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:06 PM   #2
Hagridore
Agent of Creation

Hagridore is on a distinguished road
Re: Filter button in form

I thought I had seen replies to this. I have a similar situation. I have set a form to open from a button on a dashboard in Filter by Form mode. The form opens exactly like it's supposed to, allowing entering of multiple criteria in multiple controls. However, the button I created on the form to apply the filter greys out and deactivates. The filter works exactly like it's supposed to when I click Toggle Filters, but I need to be able to compile this database into its own executable file without tool bars and menus, so I need this button to work. I'll also need a second button to open in Filter by Form again if a second search is needed. I've seen commands that involve focus parameters, but I'm not sure exactly where to put them.
Hagridore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: