Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 06-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #1
BJF
Newly Registered User

BJF is on a distinguished road
Back End Crashing

Hi-

I am running Access 2013 with a Front End and Back end.

The four people using the front end each have their own separate file on their c: drive.

The back end with the tables is on a shared network drive d:

Recently the back end seems to crash out of nowhere - Ill be entering information and I get a popup box telling me that the tables are in an unconsistant state and then i have to close and reopen the tables file where it runs a repair and creates a backup. after that -seems everyone is back up and running fine.

It happend 2 times this morning and hor apart.

Does anyone know why a properly split database with individual front ends installed on client machines would behave this way?

Thanks for any inout.
Brian

BJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
ridders
Newbee moderator
Gold Supporter

Thanked 1,294 Times in 1,209 Posts
ridders is a jewel in the rough ridders is a jewel in the rough ridders is a jewel in the rough ridders is a jewel in the rough
Re: Back End Crashing

Are you by any chance using the latest update to Windows 10 (1803) as this appears to be happening frequently for some users with that version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If this answer has helped, please click the Thanks button and/or click the 'reputation scales' symbol on the left and leave a comment.

New example databases:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ridders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:17 AM   #3
BJF
Newly Registered User

I am using Windows 10 ver. 1803 .

Old 06-15-2018, 04:34 AM   #4
ridders
Newbee moderator
Gold Supporter

ridders is a jewel in the rough ridders is a jewel in the rough ridders is a jewel in the rough ridders is a jewel in the rough

Have a look at this link.https://www.devhut.net/2018/06/13/ac...gnized-format/
Apparently there is a bug but no proper fix as yet. However the site describes a work round.

Or you could do as I've done due to a different issue with Access/IE. Revert to v1709 till MS fix the issue

If this answer has helped, please click the Thanks button and/or click the 'reputation scales' symbol on the left and leave a comment.

New example databases:
Old 06-15-2018, 07:04 AM   #5
BJF
Newly Registered User

Thanks for the info Ridders,

Hopefully i can find a solution somewhere within the links youve provided.

I appreciate the response!

Brian
Old 06-15-2018, 07:35 AM   #6
ridders
Newbee moderator
Gold Supporter

You're welcome & good luck
If you find a solution, do lets us know.

I'd forgotten this similar thread from a few weeks ago which resurfaced today.
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=299829
Its long & rambling and at times off point but it may be worth skim reading

My advice for now is to revert to 1709 - its very quick to do so & I've now done it 4 times on 3 PCs which has solved my issue ... at least for now.

New example databases:

Tags
back end crash , front end , inconsisteant state

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: