Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 08-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #1
HangoutGuy
Newly Registered User

HangoutGuy is on a distinguished road
Sending out emails from outlook via access

Hi all,

I've been having this issue for sometime now and I'm not even sure if there is a workaround.

I have an employee table with names, addresses, emails etc. and I want to be able to send out an email to each of the 180+ employees about their project details.

My VBA code is working perfectly for the way the emails are formatted, but the emails do not send without me clicking the send button. The "edit email" part of the VBA code is set to false so I should not be given the option to have the email open for editing, and yet it still does.

From my research this looks like a security issue and the way my work computer is locked down it seems like other programs (in this case access) aren't allowed to send emails without user verification such as the "send email" button in outlook.

If my line of thinking is correct then there is no solution. If I am missing something I would appreciate guidance.

Thanks!

HangoutGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,459 Times in 1,440 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sending out emails from outlook via access

Hi. You are correct that's it's by design due to security reasons. You will have to work with your IT department to implement any of the solutions or workarounds available. For example, if third-party apps are not allowed, then maybe they will allow you to directly access the mail server and use CDO code instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by theDBguy; 08-20-2019 at 08:15 AM.
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theDBguy For This Useful Post:
HangoutGuy (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
shadow9449
Newly Registered User

shadow9449 will become famous soon enough shadow9449 will become famous soon enough

Daniel Pineault has some good information about this topic. Here's a link:

https://www.devhut.net/2013/03/26/ms...urity-warning/

shadow9449 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shadow9449 For This Useful Post:
HangoutGuy (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 12:01 PM   #4
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,829 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

I would strongly recommend using CDO to send email.
It allow you to send email without using Outlook.
As well as looking at the DB Guy's article, have a look at my CDO Email Tester to try it out.
http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/e...ter/4594365455 or https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=293368

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
HangoutGuy (08-20-2019)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: