Pasting to Table from Excel (1 Viewer)

Ode

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:29
Hello All,

I'm having trouble pasting a series of records of text from an excel sheet to a table in access.

The field (Instructions) in the main table gets its values from another table (Instructions) with Inst_ID(autonumber) + Text.

The (Instructions) table was constructed based on the unique values found in the pool of all records (611) in the excel sheet - 102 unique records.

The problem occurs when i paste the bulk of records (611) to the field in the main table - stating that #The text is too long to be edited"

- My Field Size for the respective field in the main table is set to "LongInteger"
- In the Instructions Table the text records are set as "Memo"

What happens is that only 529 of the 611 records are allowed to be pasted the remainder end up in the "Paste Errors" table, which i then confirm exist in the Instructions Table.

This also happens for other fields where i attempt the same approach (unique values from excel to table, then pasting of 611 records to respective field in the main table) but here i'm able to paste a mere 30, 52, ... records of the total of 611.

Reading through the forum for this subject i found that what could be done (Long Integer + Memo), I believe, has already been done.

So i was hoping someone could provide some help for this issue, or to figure out if what i'm trying to do is not possible.

It must be said that some of the Instruction's text really have a large character count but certainly less than 65,xxx (memo)

Thanks for any help provided. :)
Kind regards,
Ode.

Boo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:29
Have you tried importing to Access from Excel?

A junior member

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom