Before I reformat the drive, is this possible? What to do. (1 Viewer)

russi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:44
Hi.
We have several computers at home (parents, kids...) Anyway, my computer is directly hooked to the cable modem/router setup. I use WEP. The others are wireless. Each has Zone Alarm, anti-virus, and assorted anti-spyware prgs.
Anyway, yesterday, we saw that someoen was actually moving my son's mouse on the desktop going to My Computer. We would move it elsewhere and it would try again. Then it stopped, but started even with the network card disabled through WIndows XP!
Again at night it started, and as soonas I moved the mouse, it stopped.
I have since added more anti-spyware/virus software, but nothing shows. Not even in Zone Alarm log or router log.
I do have numerous neighbors with Wi-Fi setups. #1 Can a neighbor be doing this even with network card settings disabled/ #2 Could we simply be seeing their mouse action replicated on our pc? #3 Other than reformatting, what can or shoulfd we do/ (The cable folks were useless, saying reformat or keep trying other virus software.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:44
I wouldn't do a format (at least not yet) what type of keyboard and mouse do you use on that PC an IR one can suffer interference. Does it go to the exactly the same place everytime ?

I'd also check the processes that are running from task manager (Google any suspicous ones or post back) you could also check what running at startup go to start > run and type msconfig then click on the startup tab again do a quick Google on any dodgy ones (or again post back)

russi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:44
Thanks for the tips.
I am going to remove the wireless network card and see whether or not the mouse still moves around.
I'll let you know how it works out.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom