USB Problem (1 Viewer)

New2SQL

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:56
A guy i work with has a slight issue with his PC. He tried to connect a USB cable to his harddrive and now when he tries to start his PC gets the following error:

"USB overcurrent device detected. Will close down in 15 seconds"

Any suggestions?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:56
New2SQL said:
He tried to connect a USB cable to his harddrive

I hope you meant to his PC ! :p, anyway check that the motherboard supports the same version usb as the device latest is 2.0 its also worth checking if there are any BIOS updates for his motherboard.

this could also be caused by a faulty cable and/or faulty usb connector.

New2SQL

Registered User.
Local time
he can't check his motherboard because he can't start his machine. when he starts that error pops up.

Would starting it in SAFE MODE be of any good?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
New2SQL said:
Would starting it in SAFE MODE be of any good?

Yep should do can you just clarify what he has attached via USB is it an external hard drive ? (you could also disconnect the item in question and boot)

New2SQL

Registered User.
Local time
ha attached a mobile phone. tried to download a ringtone from his machine but got frustrated so "rammed" the USB in the machine.

when he disconnects, it is still broke. i told him to send it back as the PC is only a week old.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
New2SQL said:
got frustrated so "rammed" the USB in the machine.

when he disconnects, it is still broke. i told him to send it back as the PC is only a week old.

:eek: :rolleyes: oops look like he broke the usb connector then. If it one on the motherboard then it could prove costly unless he convinces the company that it happened the first time he 'gently' connected his phone ;)

If it's one of the front connectors he could get a replacement which wouldn't cost very much but he would have to fit it himself (not too difficult if your carefull)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom