What do you eat? (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 22:10
Sorry folks didn't think my attempt at a joke would fuel such aggro.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 17:10
Brianwarnock said:
Sorry folks didn't think my attempt at a joke would fuel such aggro.

Brian

Anytime Rich's little green light thingie is illuminated there's a chance for any thread going aggro, regardless of the topic. - :D :D

R

Rich

No aggro guys, just a little education and common sense:cool:

Greyowlsl

Mlak Mlak
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:10
Ok educate me on this whats better:

KFC
Hungry Jacks (Burger King)
Macdonalds
Red Rooster

Just trying to keep the thread on topic.

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:40
Greyowlsl said:

KFC
Hungry Jacks (Burger King)
Macdonalds
Red Rooster

Better on what criteria?

If you believe the advertising slogan, "The burgers are better at Hungry Jack's"
(I agree with this actually. Just a shame that the fries & thickshakes are worse...)

Greyowlsl

Mlak Mlak
Local time
Adeptus said:
Better on what criteria?

If you believe the advertising slogan, "The burgers are better at Hungry Jack's"
(I agree with this actually. Just a shame that the fries & thickshakes are worse...)

haha yea true, hmm ok well better on the criteria of 'taste' and 'healthyness'.

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:40
Some years ago I had a fried Mars bar... it was good but was a bit too oily - I think that's what happens when the oil isn't hot enough?

Greyowlsl

Mlak Mlak
Local time
yea maybe.

A friend that works at macdonalds told me that they reuse the same oil until it gets to brown and clugy to use, they have to stab bits of food down the oil pump with metal rod to get it flowing somtimes. A bit like a fat persons heart.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Greyowlsl said:

It must be very boring round your office watercooler.:rolleyes:

its "which is better" but if you insist in using what then its "what's better"

as Rich says we are always willing to help educate our excolonial cousins.:D

Brian

Greyowlsl

Mlak Mlak
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
It must be very boring round your office watercooler.:rolleyes:

its "which is better" but if you insist in using what then its "what's better"

as Rich says we are always willing to help educate our excolonial cousins.:D

Brian

lol, well i dont intend on putting any more effort in my grammar unless its professional work. But if it makes you feel better to correct everything then thats fine with me :)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Greyowlsl said:
lol, well i dont intend on putting any more effort in my grammar unless its professional work. But if it makes you feel better to correct everything then thats fine with me :)

Correction:

I am laughing out loud. I don't intend on putting any more effort into my grammar unless it's professional work, but if it makes you feel better to correct everything then that's fine with me.

:D

Greyowlsl

Mlak Mlak
Local time
Vassago said:
Correction:

I am laughing out loud. I don't intend on putting any more effort into my grammar unless it's professional work, but if it makes you feel better to correct everything then that's fine with me.

:D

lol, spot on ;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Greyowlsl said:

I'm glad you took it in the good spirit after all you did ask you be educated.:D

Brian

ps no more corrections I make enough errors to not want to go down that path :)

Greyowlsl

Mlak Mlak
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I'm glad you took it in the good spirit after all you did ask you be educated.:D

Brian

ps no more corrections I make enough errors to not want to go down that path :)

Heh, no worries mate.

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Ok, I know I am weighing in late (pun intended), but here goes:

Breakfast: usually low-fat yogurt with 1/2 cup of raspberries/blackberries and 1/4 cup Grape Nuts (otherwise known as Gravel). Sometimes a bagel w/Cream Cheese (can't have a bagel without it), or for really special occasions, a bacon egg & cheese bagel. Then 8 oz Ruby Red juice with the vitamins (multivit, Omega-3 vit E, and Vit C).

I used to have 2nd breakfast when I was pregnant (those were the days), but now around 9 or 10 I have a cup of tea or coffee (lots of flavored creamer)

Lunch: if I bring, half a ham or chicken sandwich, bag of cheese popcorn, and a fruit cup. If I buy, it could be just about anything, and usually is fried, or full of carbs. Yet very tasty, and I usually try to only get small portions, because I don't want to fall asleep at 2.

Usually no snacks in the afternoon, but my boss has what some may call a candy store at his desk - bins full of candy bars, bubble gum, Skittles, Peanut M&Ms, gum, you name it. VERY hard to ignore. So I may have a candy bar. I know I shouldn't, but hell, you only live once!!

Dinner: Whatever the baby didn't finish, and maybe some chicken nuggets or a sandwich for me.

Yeah, the vegetables are conspicuously absent. I love veggies, but I have a very hard time choosing them to eat. They are also not the quickest things on earth to make, and when you are pressed for time with a baby, veggies fall out of favor. And at least in my refrigerator, the Vegetable Crisper is actually called the Vegetable Rotter.

Yeah, not the healthiest. I was much better when I was doing Weight Watchers, but at least I have those tools and can use them when I get desperate.

Lisa

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 14:10
Thats a very good idea Rich - when you can't be arsed with preparing the vegetables - just raid the freezer - at the moment we have spinach, green beans, sprouts , peas , cauliflower and broccolli which get used every so often when the fresh stuff seems like to much effort.

Another tip - buy in some healthy (ish) easy to prepare food - we get in semi fresh pasta and pasta sauces from the supermarket which takes 3 minutes or so to heat through. That way when wandering home and can't be bothered with cooking the takeaway can be passed by with the knowledge that there is something quick and not so fat laden at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom