BT Home Hub (1 Viewer)

beckjpiper

Local time
Today, 02:33
Does anyone know anything about the BT Home Hub? I've tried phoning BT - but since they moved the customer call centre abroad, all anyone wants to do is ask me what system software I'm running - when I've not even got round to installing the software yet! Also tried emailing them twice and got absolutely no response, except an automated email to tell me that they've noticed I have an outstanding query, and if I still want them to do anything about it, could I please reply to the email with "URGENT PLEASE ACTION" in the subject line - which I did, but it still got ignored!!!....

Anyway, getting quite frustrated with them and wondered if anyone else might know anything.

My problem is this: when I plug the power into the home hub and connect the broadband wire, the wireless light doesn't glow as it says it should (I'm on a wireless mac and pc network, and nothing can pick it up).

The broadband light keeps flashing and doesn't go steady (even after the initial 24 hours), and my old router (BT Voyager 2100) works fine.

I thought the hub was faulty, so I've managed to get a replacement, only to have he same thing happen. I've tried holding in the "wireless" button on the back for 15 seconds, but that doesn't change anything. I'm about to give up with the new hub, but wondered if anyone knew what might be going on and something I might be able to try?

Thanks in advance.
Beck

beckjpiper

Local time
- I just thought I'd try the power cable that came with the replacement hub and it seems to have solved my problem! - Faulty power cable in the first hub package! Will put the first home hub up on ebay without power cable!

jimsta1

Local time
bt home hub

beckjpiper said:
Does anyone know anything about the BT Home Hub? I've tried phoning BT - but since they moved the customer call centre abroad, all anyone wants to do is ask me what system software I'm running - when I've not even got round to installing the software yet! Also tried emailing them twice and got absolutely no response, except an automated email to tell me that they've noticed I have an outstanding query, and if I still want them to do anything about it, could I please reply to the email with "URGENT PLEASE ACTION" in the subject line - which I did, but it still got ignored!!!....

Anyway, getting quite frustrated with them and wondered if anyone else might know anything.

My problem is this: when I plug the power into the home hub and connect the broadband wire, the wireless light doesn't glow as it says it should (I'm on a wireless mac and pc network, and nothing can pick it up).

The broadband light keeps flashing and doesn't go steady (even after the initial 24 hours), and my old router (BT Voyager 2100) works fine.

I thought the hub was faulty, so I've managed to get a replacement, only to have he same thing happen. I've tried holding in the "wireless" button on the back for 15 seconds, but that doesn't change anything. I'm about to give up with the new hub, but wondered if anyone knew what might be going on and something I might be able to try?

Thanks in advance.
Beck

Hi there, you need to get access to your bt home hub to check the settings for wireless.I would advise that you connect to your hub using USB or Ethernet before using your wireless connection,This will allow you to configure your hub to enable your wireless connection.

Nero

Shop smart, shop S-Mart
Local time
Today, 10:33
Not sure if you have fixed this yet?
If not it will be your username & password for your broadband connection.
If you're not sure how to set this then post back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom