Table column name properties/Combo Box head properties (1 Viewer)

Z34Lee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:29
Hi, I would like to change the properties of either the column heads in a combo-box or the column names for tables. I don't think there's any way to adjust the column head properties, and I'm doubtful there's a way to change the column caption properties.

Some of my column titles are long, and I'd like to be able to word wrap them essentially. Anyone know if this is possible? Thanks.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:29
You can create a query for your combo box's rowsource, instead of basing it on the table. In the query you can specify an alias for the columns.

Z34Lee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:29
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, that's true, but that's not really what I'm trying to do. My titles are descriptive and I don't want to change what they contain, just how they are displayed. I really need a word wrap feature, or a method to create two lines in a column head or caption. I have some columns that have long titles, but the data in them is relatively short. In excel this is very easy to do, but I sure don't see a way to do it in Access. It's not the end of the world, just a little aesthetic feature I'd like to improve.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 15:29
You can add Column Widths Like 1.702cm;4.503cm;1.702cm;2.507cm;0cm;0cm;0cm

But you need to set the List Width and Column Count in the combos property sheet

Hope it helps

Mick

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:29
Unfortunately in a list box or combo box you can't set multiple line headers. Now, that being said, there may be some "enhanced" ActiveX controls out there that can do that. But, I wouldn't add any ActiveX controls to my stuff (like I used to do) because that just increases the odds of something not working on someone else's computer because they don't have that control, MISSING references, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom