How to check a computer client allready off ? (1 Viewer)

esugiawan

Local time
Today, 13:07
Right now i using client server application using
- Frond End : Ms.Access + Winsock with UDP protocol. ( This program like Yahoo Messenger )
- Back End : Sql Server

I made this program for Remote Trading.

every second server or client will be send data.
Sometime Server send data only to specific client, so when client logon to application, I save the IP number and after logout i clear the IP

the problem will be happen when the computer client Hang, server cannt send a data to that computer, and waiting for ever until server hang too after that all client will be hang.

and the question is How to check status computer already ON or Off
i mean before server send data, server will be check status computer with that IP, If status computer On then True else False, so if computer client off, server don't need to send data.

thx
Erwin

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:07
If you have access to UDP already, trying PING of the target address, which has a built-in timeout. If you can't PING, you can't do anything else, either. (NOTE: Check with your security team first to see if PING is disallowed in any firewalls at your organization.)

esugiawan

Local time
Today, 13:07
Hi Doc_man, could u show me ,how to code it with ms.access? coz in i can not find property Ping in winsock.ocx ( i use winsock version vb6 )

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:07
Sorry, I know the theory but have never actually done it. Can't show you. But maybe one of the other folks in the forum can show you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom