background colour (1 Viewer)

Suepoo

Local time
Today, 22:36
I'm having problem with my background colour for my form display. I have set up my main form with all the buttons etc and the background colour displays fine. However, when I go to change the background colour on my other forms it won't change. You can see it flash for a split second, but then the default background colour displays instead.

The only way I can see how to do it is to create a blank form, change the background colour and then copy and paste all my fields and buttons from the original form - but it doesn't copy the associated code, etc.

It is very frustrating as the person I'm creating this db for likes things to be "pretty" and I assumed that getting the forms "correct" before playing with the appearance would be the best way to go - silly me :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

After note:

Okay, this time when I searched I used the search term "background colour" instead of my initial search of "colour" - I FINALLY found my answer - which I am quoting here so if anyone else clicks my post looking for a similar thing they can also see the answer here....

Hi
For anyone who may have a similar problem . . .
I figured that the Style was a background image, but couldn't find where to turn it off.
At the very top of the form, in the left corner (at the corner where the two rulers meet) left-mouse click on the tiny black square and hit Properties.
Find "Picture" and delete "Bitmap".
Background colours now appear !!

Thanks
ajm

So thankyou very very much ajm

Last edited:

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:36
BTW, I'm just guessing here, but my guess is that you're somewhere in the British Empire! When you go to search in American based forum, you probably ought to use "color" instead of "colour"

Suepoo

Local time
Yeah, I realised a little later I should of used American spelling. Did I mention I am blonde? :D

PS - I'm in Australia so no, I'm not part of the British empire, though some may claim otherwise:p

Anthony George

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:36
Re Colour

Hi Suepoo

I don't think Bob was referring to you.

Regards

Tony

:p :p :p

Suepoo

Local time
Sorry, was trying to reply to missinglinq

missinglinq said:
BTW, I'm just guessing here, but my guess is that you're somewhere in the British Empire! When you go to search in American based forum, you probably ought to use "color" instead of "colour"

Probably should've of quoted first....

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom