Better visual tabs? (1 Viewer)

darkmastergyz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:54
Right now, I'm designing a form for Access 2002, and the tabs really look bad in Access 2002. Are there any free tab controls (whether activex, or modules) for download? Or do you have any other suggestions? I want a smooth transition between pages, and tabs seem like the easy way to do it.

Thanks.

Dom DXecutioner

AWF VIP
Local time
hi,

i have attached a sample that was created in 2004, but it should give you some ideas...

:)

Attachments

• ACC2000 Custom Tabs.zip
    41.1 KB · Views: 277

darkmastergyz

Registered User.
Local time
But, this still has the old tabs underneath it. Is there anyway to hide the old tabs? Thanks.

Dom DXecutioner

AWF VIP
Local time
But, this still has the old tabs underneath it. Is there anyway to hide the old tabs? Thanks.

The reason they are visible is just to demostrate that the focus does indeed change as you click on the images acting as tabs.

To hide the actual tab control, change the [BackStyle] property to (transparent) and the [Style] property to (None)

As for tab images, you can find some free out in the web :)

darkmastergyz

Registered User.
Local time
Oh. ok. Thanks! Are there any other visual styles for the tabs? do you have other examples?

Dom DXecutioner

AWF VIP
Local time
I'll have to check my archives at home... If i do find some that i can post, i'll be sure to post in the Sample Forums :)

darkmastergyz

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. Is there any way I can mod it? Like are there any picture files for it? Where can I change the colors? Thanks.

Dom DXecutioner

AWF VIP
Local time
The short-n-short, NO...

The tabs are bitmap images (image controls) with a label on top, if you have images, you could change the image to the controls to whatever you desire...

Once you have the bitmap images, you could colorized them by using tools such as TheGimp, PhotoShop or Paint.Net

darkmastergyz

Registered User.
Local time
How do I undisable the 2nd tab? I'm kinda having trouble with that.

Dom DXecutioner

AWF VIP
Local time
As mentioned before, the tabs are image controls, the captions are labels name lblTabCommand & # ... tab 1 (lblTabCommand1), tab 2 (lblTabCommand1), etc...

The tab's enabled status is determined by the color of the label control... to enable or disable you use the following code...

Code:
     xTabEnabled(me.lblTabCommand1)=True

hope this helps :)

darkmastergyz

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry...I couldn't find that code. Could you tell me where I can find that? I searched the entire project for it.

EDIT: sorry again! I fixed it. Thanks for the awesome code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom