jpeg pictures appear as file name (1 Viewer)

drshahriyar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:08
dear users

whenever i am inserting jpeg pictures in ole bound frame i am getting file name instead of image. can somebody help

thanks

drshahriyar

Registered User.
Local time
i can't i have to work with jpeg images. is their any way

thanks

drshahriyar

Registered User.
Local time
on using BMP images the image as well as name of the file appears. is this a conspiracy or what. previously every thing was working fine.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:08
Don't use OLE it is bloat-ware. Essentially OLE converts your efficient jpegs into bitmaps and we all konw how inefficient they are? I would look at an ActiveX solution referentially accessing your images i.e. the full file name to the form or report.

Simon

Dom DXecutioner

AWF VIP
Local time
dear users

whenever i am inserting jpeg pictures in ole bound frame i am getting file name instead of image. can somebody help

thanks

i'm not sure why you're using an OLE bound frame, this could increase the size and performance of any database exponentially... this is specially true with databases that reside on your local network.

personally i take the link approach, if the picture is relevant to any given record, you could add an additional field [imageKey] and store the path to the picture that you want to display.

once this is done, you could display the picture using an image control and the OnCurrent event, which is much better performancewise.

it is worth mentioning that in my experience i've noticed that using BMP files is easier and faster then using JPG. when using jpg files you'll notice an additional dialog box that displays "Loading Picture" or the likes... this can become annoying to some users.

hope this makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom