Access 2007 Idiot Question - Resizing forms (1 Viewer)

XLEAccessGuru

XLEGuru
Local time
Today, 12:24
OK. I'm totally embarrassed to be asking this b/c I'm quite an advanced Access developer, but 2007 has me stumped on something really simple. I'm developing my first db in 07 and have tried everything from help searches to msdn to googling.

How the HECK do I resize a form window in 2007 and get it to open in non-maximized mode? When I open in form view they automatically maximize and I can't seem to restore the form window so that I can rezise and/or move it?

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Dont feel bad... I gave up on 2007 and went back to 2003!!!

only thing i can think of is you have overlapping windows instead of the tabbed view?

XLEAccessGuru

XLEGuru
Local time
Got it.

Nevermind. I figured it out finally. For anyone wondering, it's in Access Options..., Current Database, Document Window Options. Select Overlapping Windows

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
ah so i was right... good to know!

pam0566

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:24
I also had this problem, its fixed now for themost part, but sometimes, [expecially with my switchboard] after i open another form, the switchboard reopens FULL size, not smaller... any ideas how to fix this?

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 11:24
I think that is DoCmd.Restore, you can get around this by ensuring your form properties are set correctly - Auto Resize and/or Fit to Screen.

-dK

pam0566

Registered User.
Local time
i already ck'd that, and even if autosize is no and fit to screen is no, a few of my forms open up maximized.

pam0566

Registered User.
Local time
I changed autosize to yes, fit to screen no, and when i click on it it still opens up full screen.

efatima

Local time
Re: Got it.

oh thanks it is great.............
i am glad for this
:)

dcb

Normally Lost
Local time
Today, 18:24
I have had this problem with one of my DB's that I upgraded to ACCCDB
All the pop up's etc opened at full screen & when I turned tabs off I kept getting errors

I have now resorted to a Sub that does the DoCmd.Restore and MoveSize events to correct.... I am hoping that someone finds a better way!

christakis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:24
I have a similar question. When I open a form it is in window mode and exactly as I want it to be. How can I make it to auto-resize, when I press the maximise button? I want all fields in the red box to stay put and the rest (tab and subform) to auto-resize. Please see attached images for more info.

Cheers,
Christakis

Attachments

• Window.JPG
    Window.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,922
  • FullScreen.JPG
    FullScreen.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,688

arifmasum

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:24
i was also facing this problem.. got the answer here... thanks :))

eneyardi

Local time
OK. I'm totally embarrassed to be asking this b/c I'm quite an advanced Access developer, but 2007 has me stumped on something really simple. I'm developing my first db in 07 and have tried everything from help searches to msdn to googling.

How the HECK do I resize a form window in 2007 and get it to open in non-maximized mode? When I open in form view they automatically maximize and I can't seem to restore the form window so that I can rezise and/or move it?

just go to properties click other>>Pop up>>select yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom