update query (1 Viewer)

lala

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:36
Lala,

Your baggage is becomming a bit heavy around here. :D Lots of posts...

What can I tell you, lots of ideas and not enough knowledge to put them to work

Am I annoying you?

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 12:36
of course not. I'm not helping you this time around. :D (ha ha)

Local time
Today, 12:36
Lala,

Here is the beginning of the answer:
Code:
SELECT CL_74MPI.CLAIMRECEIVEDDATE, CL_74MPI.SumOfCLAIMS FROM CL_74MPI
UNION SELECT CL_74PHCS.CLAIMRECEIVEDDATE, CL_74PHCS.SumOfCLAIMS FROM CL_74PHCS
UNION SELECT CL_FNX.CLAIMRECEIVEDDATE, CL_FNX.CLAIMS FROM CL_FNX;

You'll notice I didn't union all the tables together. That's because I have absolutely no clue which tables you're trying to work with. So your job is to come back with a working union query based on what I've provided.

After that, if you want to take a stab at it, read up on how to use the cross tab query wizard. Here is the help from version 2007. I imagine any other version will be quite different but I don't have access to them right now:
<H3>Create a crosstab query by using the Crosstab Query Wizard
Using the Crosstab Query Wizard requires that you use a single table or query as the record source for your crosstab query. If a single table does not have all the data that you want to include in your crosstab query, start by creating a select query that returns the data that you want. For more information about creating a select query, refer to the See Also section.
  1. On the Create tab, in the Other group, click Query Wizard.
  2. In the New Query dialog box, click Crosstab Query Wizard, and then click OK. The Crosstab Query Wizard starts.
  3. On the first page of the wizard, choose the table or query that you want to use to create a crosstab query.
  4. On the next page, choose the field that contains the values that you want to use as row headings. You can select up to three fields to use as row headings sources, but the fewer row headings you use, the easier your crosstab datasheet will be to read.
    Note If you choose more than one field to supply row headings, the order in which you choose the fields determines the default order in which your results are sorted.
  5. On the next page, choose the field that contains the values that you want to use as column headings. In general, you should choose a field that contains few values, to help keep your results easy to read. For example, using a field that has only a few possible values (such as gender) might be preferable to using a field that can contain many different values (such as age).
    If the field that you choose to use for column headings has the Date/Time data type, the wizard adds a step that lets you specify how to group the dates into intervals, such as months or quarters.
  6. If you choose a Date/Time field for column headings, the next page of the wizard asks you to specify the interval to use to group the dates. You can specify Year, Quarter, Month, Date, or Date/Time. If you do not choose a Date/Time field for column headings, the wizard skips this page.
  7. On the next page, choose a field and a function to use to calculate summary values. The data type (field data type: A characteristic of a field that determines what kind of data it can store. For example, a field whose data type is Text can store data consisting of either text or number characters, but a Number field can store only numerical data.) of the field that you select determines which functions are available.
  8. On the same page, select or clear the Yes, include row sums check box to include or exclude row sums.
    If you include row sums, the crosstab query has an additional row heading that uses the same field and function as the field value. Including a row sum inserts an additional column that summarizes the remaining columns. For example, if your crosstab query calculates average age by location and gender (with gender column headings), the additional column calculates the average age by location, across all genders. Note You can change the function that is used to produce row sums by editing the crosstab query in Design view.
  9. On the next page of the wizard, type a name for your query and then specify whether you want to view the results or modify the query design.
</H3>If you cannot figure it out, post back with the working union query and I will walk through the help file, performing each step exactly as described to create your crosstab query. I'm hoping you'll be able to do that yourself, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom