Potential Business Partners (1 Viewer)

mk2madman

Local time
Today, 10:11
Hello

Im looking for potential business partners.
THey must be Advanced access Programmers.

And ideally be located in the south east of england.

If any one on here likes the sound of being there own boss and developing Access SOlutions for business then please let me know

Cheers

THe mad man

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Hello

If any one on here likes the sound of being there own boss and developing Access SOlutions for business then please let me know

Cheers

THe mad man

Hello

Cheers

THe mad man

If your business acumin is as good as your grammer I would be surprised if you get any offers.

Anyway, what have you yourself got in the way of Access experience?

David

mk2madman

Local time
i was gona make some smart arse comment about how sad you are and the fact that you have so much time on your hands that you have nothing better to do than pick up on peoples grammer in random forum posts

But reckon everyone else is thinking that any way

I have little or no acces knowledge thats why im on here and ive all ready meet a couple of programmers

Thanks for the reply but no thanks

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:11
Ironically most people agree with DC Crake but that might be because he is (in my experience on this forum) an admin on the forum, very experience in Access and VB and has solved all my problems quickly, easily and in a way a layman like I can understand.

I would suggest anybody considering partnering you in any sort of business deal should seriously consider gambling or drinking as a better method of wasting time and money.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
i was gona make some smart arse comment about how sad you are and the fact that you have so much time on your hands that you have nothing better to do than pick up on peoples grammer in random forum posts

But reckon everyone else is thinking that any way

I have little or no acces knowledge thats why im on here and ive all ready meet a couple of programmers

Thanks for the reply but no thanks
Grammar is important in business communications. Poor grammar and spelling give the reader the impression that the writer is uneducated and doesn't know what they are doing.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 05:11
Grammar is important in business communications. Poor grammar and spelling give the reader the impression that the writer is uneducated and doesn't know what they are doing.

Its mind numbing; the level of unprofessional writing permeating the web.

Why would anyone open a restaurant,
without first,
mowing the front lawn? (I’ve actually seen that)

Good Luck with your venture.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
It is also possible that the OP has links to prospective clients and he/she wouldn't be handling the face-to-face/written/phone communications with the clients. He/she may be a well versed programmer and/or db developer.

Poor grammar still isn't good though! :)

I've just noticed this is an old thread. I bet the OP has already started his/her venture. ;)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 04:11
Poor grammar still isn't good though! :)

if you all want my opinion on this, programmers tend to not have the best grammer skills among professional workers. it has nothing to do with competence, but like some accountants, decreasing grammer skills comes naturally sometimes with increasing time spent alone.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
if you all want my opinion on this, programmers tend to not have the best grammer skills among professional workers.
The programmers on this forum seem to be on point with their vocabs ;) :D

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
I'm actually not overly concerned with bad grammar.

I 'm more interested in the content and meaning of the message. I thought the opening post was perfectly ok

Lets face it as a general rule you should be very cautious in your business affairs irrespective of the state of their grammar.

There are plenty of decent dyslexic people out there (who are probably not programmers) who can't half run a business.

Split infinitives, compound split infinitives. I worked with school teacher whose brother was an author and correction of grammar got a bit out of hand!!

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
if someone sent you a CV misspelling words etc they would be at an instant disadvantage, granted their potential experience is still important but first impressions count and bad grammer does matter...

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 05:11
...like spelling the word grammar, for example. Reading through the posts above ridiculing others for their grammar, this should be highly regarded... :D :p

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
I'm actually not overly concerned with bad grammar.

I 'm more interested in the content and meaning of the message. I thought the opening post was perfectly ok

Lets face it as a general rule you should be very cautious in your business affairs irrespective of the state of their grammar.

There are plenty of decent dyslexic people out there (who are probably not programmers) who can't half run a business.

Split infinitives, compound split infinitives. I worked with school teacher whose brother was an author and correction of grammar got a bit out of hand!!

Richard Branson comes to mind here - he is Dyslexic -
You would be hard pressed to come accross a better business man ..

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 04:11
business success is completely about finding market niches, not about grammar. although, if you're at the top of the food chain, i'm sure you'll have a difficult time making deals with other human beings if you can't speak proper english grammar

equity space

Banned
Local time
This thread went from someone looking for a programmer to being criticized about their grammar.

Too funny to hear all the criticism about why one needs to have correct grammar, etc., when the fact of the matter is can someone make a recommendation or solution to their request without going off on a tangent?

But of course, all forums have their minions; love to jump on the band wagon of those who point out all the faults of others without regard to that person's feelings and manage to hide all their faults behind a keyboard.

This is for those who this applies to..."unfortunately, all your friends are in your head."

Last edited:

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
and heres one for equity-space - you only posted to criticise, slightly hypocritical, and your post is even less relevant the people who are arguing grammer is important in business propositions.

I would be interested to find out if you found any business partners ?

equity space

Banned
Local time
The purpose of the post was so people can actually see themselves, to put them in check...but you missed that one...

I met this person years ago with very bad grammar (a foreigner with a PhD) but he knew what he wanted and for the intelligent person, they understood what his objectives were, to hire talent without having "stones thrown"...He ended up founding one of the largest networking companies in the world...

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
and heres one for equity-space - you only posted to criticise, slightly hypocritical, and your post is even less relevant the people who are arguing grammer is important in business propositions.

I would be interested to find out if you found any business partners ?

I suspect you're talking to a prospective spammer;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom