Congratulations Obama, Thanks America. (1 Viewer)

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 10:00
Phew. What a relief. From the ridiculous to the sublime.
I feel like I did in 1977 when Luke Skywalker dropped his photon torpedo down that ventilation shaft on the Death Star. Everyone in the theatre cheered.
Congratulations Barak Hussein Obama. You inspire me.
Thanks America for turning the page.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:00
It's been a long 16+ years...:eek:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I'm very proud that my generation was able to step up and vote this time around. Thanks to me and my peers, we can finally enter the 21st Century. :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 18:00
Haven't we got enough threads on this bloody election - it's boring.

All those overweight screaming Americans feigning joy, and if I see that pillock Martin Luther King bleating on again today I'll shoot him. (oh the CIA did that already)

Col

KenHigg

Local time

All those overweight screaming Americans feigning joy, and if I see that pillock Martin Luther King bleating on again today I'll shoot him. (oh the CIA did that already)

Col

Me too! From now on only skinny people will be allowed to feign :p
(Whatever that means...:D)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
sweep stake...
how long before someone tries to shoot him
1-6 weeks
7 weeks to 6 months

(sick I know)

Vassago

Local time

Col

Considering you start the majority of the political conversations (what you may consider USA bashing conversations), that seems like a rather foolish statement to remark.

I guess we're damned if we do and damned if we don't in your mindset. I hope all citizens of the UK are not so ridiculously one sided and one minded. I'm guessing in your eyes, the popular and electoral vote is now a lie.

Vassago

Local time
sweep stake...
1-6 weeks
7 weeks to 6 months

(sick I know)

Most ignorant McCain supporters who would actually want to attempt to shoot him are not nearly intelligent enough to actually pull off such a feat in today's technologically advanced society. They should go back to raising them sheep... errr children.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
sweep stake...
1-6 weeks
7 weeks to 6 months

(sick I know)

I've got money on him not lasting his full term. The wife says 2 years max.

When he's been shot, maybe Michelle Obama can marry a billionaire like Jackie K did with Onassis.

Col

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I've got money on him not lasting his full term. The wife says 2 years max.

When he's been shot, maybe Michelle Obama can marry a billionaire like Jackie K did with Onassis.

Col
Doesn't making money out of his assination sort of make you party to the crime:confused:

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
I think the good thing about this result is that while many people, of course, voted by race, many others didn't, deciding instead to give a guy a chance regardless of where he or his family originated.

More practically speaking, what really helped Obama is that the current Republican admin has done a pretty poor job in the last 8 years, to put it mildly, so much so that a Martian could have probably taken the election had it remained relatively uncontroversial during the campaign while repeating the word "change."

While he doesn't have a particularly tough act to follow, it's not clear what sort of president Obama will make. Only time will tell...

KenHigg

Local time
I think the good thing about this result is that while many people, of course, voted by race, many others didn't, deciding instead to give a guy a chance regardless of where he or his family originated.

More practically speaking, what really helped Obama is that the current Republican admin has done a pretty poor job in the last 8 years, to put it mildly, so much so that a Martian could have probably taken the election had it remained relatively uncontroversial during the campaign while repeating the word "change."

While he doesn't have a particularly tough act to follow, it's not clear what sort of president Obama will make. Only time will tell...

Excellent post (IMHO :p)

redneckgeek2

Registered User.
Local time
At least the world's stock markets are responding well:rolleyes:

It's kind of interesting to see the tables turned here. Now family, friends, and coworkers are angry and scared. At first I was surprised to hear these people sound so full of rage. But then, after thinking about it, the left in this country has been full of rage for years. Same rage, different point of view.

Personally, I'm more terrified than I am angry. Not of Obama - he seems like he'd be a fun guy to have a beer with - it's Obama + Pelosi + Reid that scares me.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Doesn't making money out of his assination sort of make you party to the crime:confused:

No. Depending on the odds, it means you are one jump ahead. Anyway, he might not get killed, so lots of people will lose money.

Life is a gamble, why not make a few quid out of it if you can.

Col

statsman

Local time
NOT A SERIOUS POST.

From a legal point of view, if Col knew about an assassination attempt and did nothing to stop it, would it make him guilty of accessory to murder or guilty of insider trading. :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I'm getting sick and tired of that bloody Obama woman banging on about how brilliant she is. How she was born in poverty and now she's the wife of the president - look at me - nah, nah nah.

Jesus - she got lucky, big bloody deal - now shut up about it and stop rubbing peoples faces in it.

Who gives a tinkers shite about her past, present or future? She's not a patch on Jackie Kennedy, the sooner she gets that into her thick skull the better.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
And another thing, she never has long sleeves - that's taking the right to bare arms too far.

Plus, she showed no protocol when she put her arm round the Queen (God Bless Her) - nobody is allowed to touch the Queen (God Bless Her) especially a Yank.

Why can't this Obama woman get a proper job instead of swanning round on the back of hubby's promotion? She could be a receptionist or a shopworker or even a secretary if she has the intelligence - a proper womans job. Do they still have cotton-pickers in the USA?

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom