Congratulations Obama, Thanks America. (1 Viewer)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:26
However, Alc, I was actually referring to the way that politicians explain why they did something. Usually because someone else got away with it and they wanted to get some of the same action ("tradition") or because if you were doing the work of your office, you cannot be prosecuted for it ("protocol") unless someone can first show that your purported criminal action was not a proper duty of your office.
I guessed. I was only joking when I asked.

To be fair though, if Europe didn't have so many traditions, we'd lose out in a big way when it came to American tourists visiting. Love 'em or loathe 'em, they do like a nice healthy slice of tradition when they visit. ;)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:26
And, given what I remember of visiting Canada, we look for tradition and leave behind money. While money isn't everything, it surely greases the way to make us Americans at least marginally tolerable when we aren't in the USA.

As a matter of fact, when wifey and I last went north of the border, the customs guard asked us what we were bringing into the country. We said, Personal property - cameras (one each), clothing, personal jewelry, and money. He replied, "The rest is OK to bring home again. Just remember to leave the money with us."

But at least I could tell he was only half-serious. And he was a jolly sort, so we got a good laugh out of it. But we did our best to leave some money behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom