Quotes CSV File (1 Viewer)

Rainbowhawk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:21
Silly Question of the Day,

Does anyone know where I can get a csv file of quotes by famous persons etc,

The boss has decided that it would be a good feature to include a random quote everyday for the database users.

Hawk

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
I've got a massive list of quotes and pithy sayings that I compiled for a project long ago - at least I think I still have it - I'll take a look tonight and post it if I can find it.

The program was a data monitoring application that ran scheduled checks on various product and customer data, sending out warnings if things appeared to have gone wrong - for example if the price changed by an order of magnitude, or if the first four digits of the product description changed to something that included numeric characters (a common outcome of a specific user error).

I used it to insert a random quote/witcrack into the automated emails, to try to encourage people to open and read them. It worked, sort of (they read the quotes, but didn't always look at the warnings)

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
I only managed to find an old backup of the database, not as full as I remember the final version being (it was from two or three jobs ago). There are a couple of hundred quotes and unattributed sayings of various wit (or not).

Attachments

• Quotes.txt
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,374

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom