Ribbon and toolbar options (1 Viewer)

foxy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:36
Hi,

I want to be able to hide the toolbars and ribbon for users accessing my db so that they can only use it as I intended, as an app.

However when I click the Office Button in Access 2007 and go to Access Options > Current Database > Ribbon and Toolbar Options and I turn off 'Allow Full Menus', I cannot find a way to get back in and turn them on again.

How can I hide the ribbons so that they only have the 'Home' option, but still retain the ability to go into the office button to turn it all back on?

Cheers

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 11:36
i believe you will need code for this, and it IS pretty complicated. google "hide ribbon ms access 2007 vba" and you should come up with plenty of results. i have never done it, so I don't have a concrete answer for you, sorry.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 09:36
Hold your shift key down when opening the database and you should be able to get back in.

veraloopy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:36
I've found a little shortcut in 2007 for this

Next to the menu button (top-left), you have the quick access toolbar and the option to turn them on and off, if you click on the drop down arrow to the right of this to customise it and then choose 'More Commands', it takes you into the 'Access Options'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom