If this... don't highlight that (1 Viewer)

SueBK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:40
I have a form with four "traffic lights" - N/A, red, orange, green. They are toggle buttons, with option values of 0,1,2,3 respectively. The values are from a table with a 2nd field of description. The chosen value drops into a 2nd table to give the status. So - if I choose Green (option value 3), it looks up table 1, and in table 2 drops in the status of "good".

At the moment it is very difficult for a user to see which of the buttons is clicked (they're embedded bmps if that makes a difference). What I would like to do, is if "green" is chosen all the other options lose intensity, or alternatively green is somehow highlighted. Users need to be able to change the option at any point.

Just had a chat with my manager, who points out that the form is a continuous form, which adds a level of difficulty. Record 1 might be a green light, but record 2 is a red light, and record 3 may be N/A.

I'm not even sure where to start with this one.

Last edited:

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Today, 01:40
Not sure if I'm following all of this.... But how about a If....then... or a Select Case statement to change the size and appearance of the label that IS picked? Say changing it from a size 12 to 14 and change to bold or use color changes.

SueBK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:40
Got around this a) by asking the right question in another thread :) (must have forgotten about this thread) and b) by adding a box linked to the result of the toggle options. The box is conditionally formatted to show the colour of the currently selected toggle button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom