Question Database design for employee records (1 Viewer)

g.comley

Local time
Today, 06:09
I'm building a database to deal primarily with payroll but need to be able to view hours by employee and separately hours by date. Right now my query for hours by employee works but I'm having trouble with calculating hours by date worked.

Additionally I'd like to force users to access the database through forms but am unfamiliar with their use. I'll move to that forum when I'm farther along with development.

I'm looking for commentary on my database structure and if it will support what I want to add on.

Table1:EmployeeID
employee#(PK):LastName:FirstName:position

Table2:EmployeeInfo
employee#(PK):phone#:Address:City:State:Zip

Table3:Service Charges
Date(PK):ServiceCharges

Table4:EmployeeHours
ID(Autonumber PK):employee#(FK):JobType:WorkDate:TimeIn:TimeOut

Table5:payRate
ID(Autonumber PK):employee#(FK):effectivedate:HourlyRate

Table6:JobType
JobCode(autonumber PK):JobType(Linked to Position in Table1 and JobType in Table4)

Query1:Hourcalculation
Name(LastName, FirstName):WorkDate:HoursWorked((TimeOut-TimeIn)*24):JobType(Not shown, used as selection criteria)

This query works fine, calculates hours worked each shift. I need to be able to specify the dates it calculates for via a form.

Query2:Totalhours
Name(from Query1):TotalHoursWorked(Sum of HoursWorked)

This one works as well. Again, I need to be able to select a time period for the query when I move it to a form.

Query3:HoursbyDate
WorkDate(from Table4):hours(Sum of Hoursworked)

This one I cant get working. I know im using the wrong function but I havnt been able to figure it out.

I'd also like to know how to make the Position value from Table1 relate to the jobtype in Table4.

Any comments and help would be greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom