error after installing office 2007 on same pc with office 2003 (1 Viewer)

ahrouhi

Local time
Today, 19:53
Hi to all professionals
my problem is that i work with access 2003 mostly. when i installed office 2007 , my VBA code in access 2003 did not respond and made error. i found that in refrences list of access 2003 there is microsoft access 12 object library which point to msacc.olb of office 2007 and the access dont let me to change the refrence. can you guide me how can i correct the reference ? or how can i change it by VBA coding like LATE BINDING?

your prompt answer would be appreciated.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:23
Running two versions of Access on one machine is not recommended. It can be done provided the applications are allowed to reregister each time a different version is started. The reregistration takes a few minutes each time and it is essential the process is not cancelled. Microsoft's provision of a cancel button is a mystery to me.

The best way to run a second version of Access is on a virtual machine.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 05:23
as already said, don't do this. one version on a machine is enough. too many problems are abound with this situation.

and btw, the reference you mention most likely cannot be used by access 2003 because it is a 07 library. so if you can't click it, that's WHY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom