Import and update data (1 Viewer)

JamesL

Local time
Today, 09:25
Hi all,

Really hoping someone can help me as im new to all this.

I have created a sales database which contains proposed customer visit dates in it.

I have created a macro to export (into excel) all the customer which require visits between certain dates.

I need to send this to my sales staff and have them add comments.

The problem I then have is I need to be able to re-import this updated information back into the matching record in my multi-relationship database.

Despite looking everywhere I have no idea whatsoever how to achieve this.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://bytes.com/report.php?p=3602133

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:25
Hi all,

Really hoping someone can help me as im new to all this.

I have created a sales database which contains proposed customer visit dates in it.

I have created a macro to export (into excel) all the customer which require visits between certain dates.

I need to send this to my sales staff and have them add comments.

The problem I then have is I need to be able to re-import this updated information back into the matching record in my multi-relationship database.

Despite looking everywhere I have no idea whatsoever how to achieve this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum,

Where are you stuck?

What version of MS Office are you using as this will help with pointing to information that will be of use.

If you can send to Excel and then Send out then you would need a temp table to report to then use a few queries to look to update records then delete from the temp table, so you can update once received or as and when you are ready to do a batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom