Import Text file in backen db using front end db (1 Viewer)

Jose

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:51
Hello,
I have a database split between back end and front end.
The back end contains just one table which is linked to a linked table of the front end db.
The task I perform is that I open the back end db and I delete the table in and I import a txt file creating a new table that I name with the same name that the deleted table had.
What I would like to achieve is to run some code or macro in the front end db that performs the two tasks mentioned above but without opening the back end db. Can anybody help?

Thanks for your help in advance

J

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:51
Why are you doing it this way? The normal process is to import into the frontend and then use a set of delete queries and append queries to place the data in the correct table or tables. Why do you need to replace the table in the backend?

Jose

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:51
Hello,
I have tried to simply my question. I deal with high volume of data so i want to keep yhe info in the back end dbs. I have 7 back end databases with one table in each. I have a front end db that contains 7 linked tables linked to the back end databases and queries and forms. My users have access to the front end but not the back end that is the reason why they should be able to delete the table and import the txt file in the back end using the front end

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom