Looking for a freelancer (1 Viewer)

Bloodrayne

Newbie-rrific!
Local time
Today, 10:57
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but thought that it would be a good place to start - I've been trying to find the time to put together a database but sadly find that my new role does not allow me the time to put aside for the development of such things - as such I'd really like to push it out to an experienced freelancer to develop, I doubt it would take an experienced person more than a couple of days (including time for feedback and alterations) but I don't know where I would start to look for such things - is there a website for database developers that would be interested in such work?

Also, I am aware that I will need to provide a decent level of detail for people to be aware of my requirements - is there a set format for this, or is it just as much detail as clearly presented as possible?

Thanks!

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Depending on the scale of the project it would be very difficult for a developer to pull off a very good database in days. These things take weeks if you want a reliable db - even if you go down the agile development route.

Perhaps you could outline your requirements and specifications. That would help us build a better picture.

CBrighton

Surfing while working...
Local time
Now I'm worried about the reliability of the databases I have created in days...

Bloodrayne

Newbie-rrific!
Local time
Hmm - I was initially going to attempt this database myself, I'm at most intermediate (and since I've been away for so long would perhaps be a beginner these days) so thought that a Pro could put something together much quicker - particularly if they had experience of other projects which they could draw on.

I'm not sure how much detail you need in the spec, but a quick summary would be:

I want to make a database of competitors and the projects they've tendered for and won/lost. Companies form consortiums to bid for projects; the consortiums tend to change for each particular bid any Company makes

So, details needed would be:

Company - name, address, country, details of three contacts (phone, email, skype) of each.

Contracts - title, value, who it was awarded to and who was short-listed.

Obviously, there would be other tables needed to make things work - but those are the basic details that I can work on expanding in the next few days, or clarify quickly until then.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 03:57
the informaiton you need to tell your develpper about

Table - Account (Accountbl)
AccountNo - number - unquie
Name -- Text
Address1-- text
Address2--text
add3 text
Tel
Fax
Mob
EMail -text
Notes - memo

so best to have a xls sheet with th e fields you require and what they are
so text/memo/yes*No - number field

try to adhere to the prinicple that the tables should be thin and long
rather that wide and short
alos need to explain as best the relationship between tables
also any accounts information - is there a need for invoices - muliti currencies/tax rates
full ledger functions

Word intergration- xls reporting ....

Bloodrayne

Newbie-rrific!
Local time
Nothing that complex - see the attached; no need for invoicing/purchase ledger functions - it's a way of keeping track of company contact details, and who has won work where.

I understand with questions and the refining of the database that things could run into weeks; but surely for an initial design and development of such a db we'd not be looking at a huge amount of time?

Attachments

• Database.xls
    21 KB · Views: 311

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 05:57
I have attached a zip file containing a small database file. Check the relationships in this file to see how I would propose that you design the structure of your database.

There are also a couple of forms that show one method for managing the data input.

Just my ideas and thoughts on your database.

Attachments

• Database.zip
    77.6 KB · Views: 314

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom