Customise toolbar/ ribbon button? (1 Viewer)

Big Pat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:26
In Excel 2003, you can create a custom button and then assign it to a macro you have created. Can you do this in Excel 2007? I can't seem to find it.

I've got about a dozen macros that run from custom buttons and I've tried to set the same thing up on a colleague's machine using Excel 2007 but I can't figure it out. I know you can customise the quick access toolbar but even then, I can't see an option for a custom button that you would assign to a macor. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,
Pat.

Kiwiman

Local time
Howzit

See this to add to your QAT. I have tried this on Excel 2010 and it works - but I needed to select the QAT then Select Macros.

NickHa

CITP
Local time
You can use the Ribbon interface by embedding XML into your Excel files, which must be in the new format (i.e. xlsm, xlsx). The easiest way I know of doing this is to use the CustomUI editor, which can be found here: http://openxmldeveloper.org/blog/b/openxmldeveloper/archive/2006/05/25/customuieditor.aspx
There is information about the process in the various links from this url.
If your macros are embedded in your workbooks, then you must use the xlsm file format.
You use Callback code references in the XML to invoke your macros. Once you understand the way the process works, it is very simple to implement. The attached example may help.

Attachments

• Ribbon Test.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 130

Big Pat

Registered User.
Local time
Kiwiman - Thanks so much. I knew there had to be a way to do this. I can see me adding a whole bunch of buttons to the QAT, then minimising the ribbon. Grr...I hate that thing!

NickHa - I don't mind admitting I'd be in WAY over my head with most of that. I'm an information/business analyst and definitley not a developer. But I'll download the zip file tonight using Excel 07 and see what I can make of it.

Thanks both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom