My Country, Your country (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 03:57
Hey Everybody,

I just thought of a tread that I would fine interesting. I love my country (America) with all its faults. I would like to hear from people from other countries, from people that have visited or even just heard about things about America. I would like to hear pros and cons. Please all of you don’t make it just a bash America thread, so if you are going to list a con you have to list a pro. I would also find it interesting if someone started a thread about their country. If you do start one please send me a heads up in case I miss it on new threads.
Dick S.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:57
Would it be possible for you to please stick with a standard font and size?

This message was typed in Word, Times New Roman, normal with a font size of 12.

Then it was copied and pasted directly to site.

Chris.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Sorry about that, my MS Word font size default is set at Times New Romans14 so that I can see it. I try to remember to bring it back to 12 before I paste it, but sometimes I forget, I will try and be more diligent.

Now what I brought this back to 12 before pasting, and it seems too small?????

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
All you need to do is remove the Font mark up wrappers from your post.

I'm going to do it for you in this thread but please try and remove them in future posts :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 288

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Now what? I typed the first two words In the forum editor and then pasted it into MS word and it shows as Verdana 10. I will now pasted it back into the forum editor and see what it looks like.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Ok John, let’s see if I follow you. I am typing this in MS Word > 14, I will then paste in the forum editor, then hit AA , is that correct? This is a test???

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Ok John, let’s see if I follow you. I am typing this in MS Word > 14, I will then paste in the forum editor, then hit AA , is that correct? This is a test???

Dick you still need to remove those Font Mark up wrappers.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time

What does >14 mean? You said you were using 14 not > 14.

This was typed in Word as Times New Roman at a font size = 14.
Copied and pasted directly to site, without hitting AA.

Chris.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I guess I just too dense John as I don't understand what you are talking about. My last post was an attemp to do that. The to AA crossed out says remove fiormatting You sent me a post with the HTML marks before and after the font, but I don't have any such thing in my MS Word. I am thyping this in forum editor, but I having trouble seeing it and the spelol checker in the forum editor does in work.
Also what does and that's the absolute last time MEAN

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Chris I have no Idea where the Font mark up wrappers are coming from in Dick's posts, as I had a bit of a play with composing in Word (using a large font size) then cutting and pasting; and guess what nothing :rolleyes:

The only thing I can think is perhaps he is using an HTML template in word :confused:

Dick refer to the image I posted up in post #4 (the yellow highlighted bits).

If you don't see these when you initially Copy and paste your post, but the post itself looks different from those preceding it simply use the Edit button and remove the Font mark up wrappers.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 292

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
John,
I just posted a reply and it had wrapper after every word, so I deleted it. what gives?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Hey John, let’s see if I get this right. When my post shows up on your forum screen it had as your call them font markup wrapper before and after is that correct. When I type it in word, they don’t have wrappers and when I post it, my screen in the forum doesn’t have wraps, so if they show up on your screen where are they coming from? I also checked my setting in Word and didn’t see anything about my using a HTML template, but then I haven’t used HTML for years when I was making a web page, so I may not remember where to look. I am also using Word 20210, if that has any bearing. This was typed in NTR 14 and then reduced to 12 and cut and paste. Let me know what you think. Just as I was about to paste this, I was re-reading your post and I noticed something. When I post I always scroll to the editor after the last post. I never hit “Post Reply” button. I always use quick reply at the end. Could that have any bearing?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
This time I will use post reply. The long post ahead of this one I use quick reply. Also that long post was the one I tried to send the first time and it had warps around every word. Sorry I am so much trouble but believe me it’s not intentional

This part is type right into the forum editor, lets see if there is any differene than the text above.

also what is the A/A (switch editor mode) in the upper right hand corner suppose to do?

I also just noticed that lots of pepole us these little:D :Dsmiles and I had not seen them since I use quick reply.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 01:57
@Dick7

Bring up your most recent post and click the Edit button. Do you see the Font markup wrappers now? If so, remove them and save your changes.

If you generally reply using quick reply, you can always click Go Advanced to preview your post and make any changes you want before posting it.

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Hey Bettle,
No I pullup up last post and hit edit button and no differencel

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 01:57
So this last post (#17), did you copy/paste that from Word or reply directly in the forum?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Directly into the editor, this one is cut and paste.

This part is forum editor. On quick reply

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Now this is interesting. From my email notification link I can see your post but anybody else on this thread. New Times romans 14, just for a test, do you have any HTML wrppers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom