Sure issues (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 23:54
I don't know about anyone else, but lately, for the past two weeks or so, it has been hell getting more than just the top "Microsoft Help Center" bar to load when I'm using IE at work. At home, using Firefox, I have no such issues because ads are blocked. This has to be reducing traffic. Is there some new ad that is causing the site to lock up? I would estimate that it loads once in five refreshes, and that's only after waiting a good minute.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 20:54
Yep, I had that problem for the good portion of today (using IE at work).

Adam Caramon

Local time
Yesterday, 23:54
I'm not sure if this is related, but my computer at work usually blocks all ads regardless if I am using FF or IE (it's a corporate-wide setting or some such). However, this morning was the first time I noticed the ads on the work computer.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:54
I haven't experienced any problems myself. Sometimes ads can cause problems because the code that loads them gets the data from a remote source.

I removed double ads in a post very recently, so ads should be reduced in some instances. Let me know if it persists.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 13:54
I think it is a problem with IE Version 9.

I have changed to Google Chrome

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 13:54
Only problem with that theory is that I had the problem with IE 8.

Bob,

That is interesting. I have never had a problem with IE 7 or 8 but IE 9 is nothing but problems. Not just on this web page but also other non related pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom