Good Programming traits (1 Viewer)

GBalcom

Much to learn!
Local time
Yesterday, 18:08
I'm in the middle of my most ambitious vba projects to date, and want to make sure I'm following any best practices that I can gather up. My main question is where to place some of my code. For instance, I have one form that will require a lot of code (for me anyways) to calculate some analytics for the form. At this point, I think it's unlikely I'll need this code anywhere else in the application, but who knows......So, should I place this code in a Module, or just keep it in the form itself?

Also, I'm looking for a good book on Access VBA, if anyone has one they can recommend. I'd prefer it deal with Access 2010, but am open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
Gary

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:08
if you want to resuse it then put it in a module. also try and break your subs into smaller units, (ideally so each sub does one thing only) - which will also help make them more re-usable.

however, one point is that a form's code module knows about the controls on the form. if you put the code in a module, then you need a different treatment to manage data from the underlying form - as this direct link no longer exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom