Question Social Media Integration (1 Viewer)

mikebrewer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:11
Hi all, love the forum. Lots of great questions and answers on here and I apologize if this has already been asked/done...

Has anyone successfully integrated social media into their access database? I have a fairly complex database written that is typically used by small auto repair shops and I would love it if I could integrate social media into some forms. I don't want it to completely overtake my form but possibly have a twitter feed or a facebook feed on a main form would be the perfect solution. I haven't been able to find anything on google searching like an activex control that I could integrate or anything like that.

Any suggestions that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 23:11
Good questions. Got me thinking too:)

Well i have managed to send tweets from Excel and i should think that code will work from Access also. In the code below tUsername, tpasswd and tmessage are textboxes on a form. trepsonse records the response back from Twitter.

Code:
    Dim xml, tResult
    Set xml = CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
    xml.Open "POST", "http://" & Me.tUsername & ":" & Me.tpasswd & "@twitter.com/statuses/update.xml?status=" & Me.tmessage, False
    xml.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "content=text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
    xml.Send

Me.tRepsonse = xml.responsetext 'you can view Twitter’s response  
    Set xml = Nothing

As well as this, i know you can get an AddIn for Outlook that will allow you to send/recieve tweets. If that addin is in place i wonder if you can use automation to tap into the feed and send/recieve, but this is something i have not tried yet. I wonder if you could use CDO somehow on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom