Help with URL Builder Form just like the Google Analytics URL Builder (1 Viewer)

boknoval

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:45
Hi I am trying to create a URL Builder form something like the Google Analytics URL Builder

The URL format it would be like this:
[txtWebsiteURL]?utm_source=[txtCampaignSource]&utm_medium=[txtCampaignMedium]&utm_term={MKTGPLAN_ADDRESS}&utm_content={MKTGPLAN_NAME}&utm_campaign=[txtCampaignName]

As an example:
http:website.com?utm_source=qrcode&utm_medium=flier&utm_term=19716-Wildwood-Cres&utm_content=G-and-J-Depocas&utm_campaign=sample

Now, on the form I have created, there 4 textboxes:
  • txtWebsiteURL
  • txtCampaignSource
  • txtCampaignMedium
  • txtCampaignName

The ones highlighted in red on the URL sample above comes from these textboxes, and the ones highlighted in blue comes from the database..

What I wanted to happen is that when I click Generate URLs button, it will generate that URL (as shown above), and update the field [GENERATED_LONG_URL] on my database.

Can anyone help me achieve this? I may need a thorough explanation (procedure) on how to create this as I'm really not a programmer.. :p

I have attached the database as an additional reference.. I hope someone with great heart could help me.. ;)

Attachments

• url generator.zip
    391.3 KB · Views: 107

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 14:45
Hello bok,

I looked over the form you have designed, there is no code inside.. I am not sure which part of it you would need help with..

But basically this is what you need to do..
* Use the OnClick event of the button..
* Best to assign it to a string and see what it generates and then assign it to the field..
* You have to make sure that the required fields are entered before generating the string..
* A few other question that need addressing, how are the Blue bits gathered? Use a DLookUp, but what criteria are you gonna use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom