Doctor... WHO? (1 Viewer)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 09:38
Well, I stand corrected and apologize for getting that wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Who_(Dalek_films)
I was completely fooled by the portrait of Peter Cushing on WIKI. The character, portrayed by the actor Peter Cushing, appeared in two films made in the 1960s by AARU Productions: Dr. Who and the Daleks (1965), which was based on the televised serial The Daleks (1963), and Daleks – Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. (1966), based on The Dalek Invasion of Earth (1964).

Sadly, my past memories about Peter playing Dr. Who were *exterminated*
I am totally surprised to learn about the Video games! Wow. Really thought I had bough my teenager every Xbox game out there. In retrospect it was a mistake to promise a video game for every A he brought home on a report card.

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:38
My wife is a big fan, she never misses an episode.
She records them, but after watching it gets deleted right away.
So luckily we don't have a DVR full of Dr. Who.

I'm glad she enjoys it, just as I enjoy watching NCIS.

Catalina

Caffeine_demon

Local time
Today, 15:38
I really liked the first series of the revival with Chris Ecclestone, and would liked to have seen more episodes with him - David Tennant was a great doctor though - probably my favourite, although I can't fully remember Tom Baker.

Some of the later tennant episodes just got a bit daft - and I can't seem to get into Matt Smiths' episodes

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 11:38
CNET reports: "Peter Capaldi is new 'Doctor Who' star"

Current TARDIS incumbent Matt Smith hands over his sonic screwdriver to the 12th Doctor in a special episode on December 25. "Who" head honcho Stephen Moffatt will then guide the new Doctor and companion Clara, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman, into the eighth series of the show since "Doctor Who" was revived in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston in the lead role. Series 8 is expected to be broadcast in August 2014.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yeah. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Only time will tell if he can live up tot he role.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
I think Peter Capaldi will be a really great Dr

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
The Episode lived up to the Hype, I loved it, and it was wonderful to see Tom Baker resurrect his Doctor Who role, even if only for a minute at the end, he has always been my favourite Doctor.

My only bit of criticism, being the fan I am, is that I was a little bit confused as to which Doctor John Hurt was, as the Doctor can only regenerate a total of 13 times, until this episode the total regenerations were up to 11 with Peter Capaldi going to be number 12, so does this mean that Peter will be the last ever doctor!!!

Vassago

Local time
The Episode lived up to the Hype, I loved it, and it was wonderful to see Tom Baker resurrect his Doctor Who role, even if only for a minute at the end, he has always been my favourite Doctor.

My only bit of criticism, being the fan I am, is that I was a little bit confused as to which Doctor John Hurt was, as the Doctor can only regenerate a total of 13 times, until this episode the total regenerations were up to 11 with Peter Capaldi going to be number 12, so does this mean that Peter will be the last ever doctor!!!

I absolutely LOVED the 50th anniversary episode. I held off until 11/25 to watch it in 3D. It was amazing!

My understanding is that John Hurt falls between McGann (8th) and Eccleston (Previously 9th, now 10th) as a doctor that they didn't acknowledge. In fact, that is the order they appeared both in the pictures flashing on screen and in the listed names of who played The Doctor in the credits. They can only regenerate 12 times, meaning that Capaldi will be the last doctor. Of course, this show is a sci-fi show and they can do anything they want. They can write off the regeneration rule as one created by the Time Lords in order to stop someone from being partially immortal. With the Time Lords not in the picture, maybe he can regenerate more. With the obvious regeneration coming up, and with The Doctor seemingly on a quest to rescue his people, all we can do is wait and see.

I've only recently become a Whovian. I haven't even reached my one year mark. I think I've definitely lived up to the name in such a short time! :D

avcastner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:38
I just started watching the new show on Amazon Prime. I really like Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, but I am not so sure about David Tennant. Still, it is a great diversion. I am in the middle of Series 2 (Season 2 for US), and my favorite episodes so far have been the The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances--scared me silly, but so well-written and great character development at this point.

Vassago

Local time
Very much so! You have quite a bit of "feels" to experience as the development of the show and characters only get better as the seasons (series) move on. David Tennant quickly became my favorite and his end quickly became the most moving for me.

Vassago

Local time
My daughter has become a major fan. Not me though. I haven't been able to make it through any episodes. I've either seen enough to know it isn't for me or I've not been able to stomach it long enough for it to grow on me.

Most kids end up being cooler than their parents. :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Just watched the Christmas special , what a load of rubbish. As I have felt when watching the new Doctor series it's more about special effects than the story line, typical of too many modern films , cover up weak writing with computer generated effects. I suspect that it's a generational thing.

Brian

Vassago

Local time
Just watched the Christmas special , what a load of rubbish. As I have felt when watching the new Doctor series it's more about special effects than the story line, typical of too many modern films , cover up weak writing with computer generated effects. I suspect that it's a generational thing.

Brian

I agree that this episode was absolute garbage. It didn't really have much in the way of special effects. It felt rushed. It had no substance and was a horrible way for Matt Smith to go out.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
I agree that this episode was absolute garbage. It didn't really have much in the way of special effects. It felt rushed. It had no substance and was a horrible way for Matt Smith to go out.

Ditto...

Rubbish Episode, one of the worst in my opinion, lets hope the writers give Peter Capaldi a bit more to get his acting teeth into...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom