Invoice report problem, report show items from previous invoices. (1 Viewer)

saltyseadog

Local time
Today, 15:47
Hi, I am building a replacement Access 2013 database for our ageing Access 2003 database. I have an invoice form with a subform with a combo box that allows me to select which jobs to invoice based on the customer selected in the invoice form, which is working fine. I have designed my invoice and have the criteria [Forms]![Invoice]![ID] in the report query so that it just selects the record that is open in the invoice form. I have an ID (which is the invoice number) group on the report and it is then sorted by date and then job number. I thought it was all working fine when I tested it, it is the same method as I used in the 2003 database. However I have a problem, when I make up and print the customers first invoice it works fine, but when I go to make up a second invoice for the same customer the invoice includes all the jobs from the first invoice as well, and if I then go to reprint the first invoice all the jobs from the second invoice as there as well. It appears to be a grouping issue but I cant work it out, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

saltyseadog

Local time
Today, 15:47
I just ended up creating another report using the report wizard and copying and pasting the fields from my original invoice report. The grouping that the wizard has done automatically appears identical, so I still don't know what the original problem was but the main thing is that it is working I suppose. Although its nice to know what your mistakes are so you can learn from them. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom