Office 365 Home Premium (Access) Vs the MS Office 2013 disk (1 Viewer)

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:34
I just recently bought a Toshiba with Windows 8.1. I downloaded the Office 365 which is $12 AUS per month.

In terms off Access is, the interface etc. the same as what comes on the disk.

As a side note converting Access 2003 to 2013 is a 10 second deal and that is with a big data base. Also the same data base seems OK leaving it as 2003 and opening it with 2013, althoughI have only a small amount testing.

One other question. In Australia some of the bigger electronic shops have Office 365 for $90 or so and it looks like it would be a USB plug in. I assume it is the same as the down load but there would be no repayments commence until 12 months after purchase.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:34
I bought office 365 directly, primarily because I needed outlook. The off the shelf package allows you to install on up to 5 machines - and unlike disk versions of the software, appears to regulate this precisely.

These 5 installations can be several of your own machines, or other machines.

obviously you pay annually, which in the long run is more expensive - but on the other hand you always have the latest version.

seems a better deal than monthly licences to me

just to clarify - this is office 365 (ie not office 2013) bought with a download code, rather than a monthly registration

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:34
Mine was a down load and is Office 365 Home Premium. It has Outlook.

You can cancel the monthly payment at anytime without loss ie. it is not some sort of contract deal.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:34
I appreciate the monthly sub version has outlook. I think it is only for one machine though, but the outright-buy provides 5 licences for the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom