Thread Deleting Posts - Moved (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 03:51
Col, for 9 years I have listened to your ravings and abrasive comments about things in which you have obviously little knowledge. I have even defended you when others were willing to pay the bus driver to run over you a second time.

But now, all is see is someone in serious need of developing some manors. Sorry to be saying this in public, but after all, you are most willing to show your unpleasant attitude in public, so maybe it 's appropriate after all.

I'm guessing,the Mods don't hate you, maybe they just wish you would act like a gentleman.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 08:51
I think the word you are grasping for is "manners" not "manors".

Is it only 9 years? I thought it was much more.

Col

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I think the word you are grasping for is "manners" not "manors".

Is it only 9 years? I thought it was much more.

Col

Spelling, has never been one of my strengths. In fact, I test out at as rather a retard in the spelling department. But thanks for correcting it for me.

I checked. As jsanders, I registered in 2005

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I would like to suggest is the appointment of two or three Mods in order to help out. I don't know the security levels but I am sure something could be worked out so some only have limited power if this is a concern.

We are good with the staff that we currently have.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Spelling, has never been one of my strengths. In fact, I test out at as rather a retard in the spelling department. But thanks for correcting it for me.

I checked. As jsanders, I registered in 2005

Ah yes, good days. Rich and me used to call you Josie or Josephine, we had a good bunch of posters, remember Cindy and Tess and Ally? (I meet Ally from time to time, she's doing ok)

We all thought Vassago was Mile-O in disguise, the banter was lighthearted.

Then it went downhill, more mods abusing their power saying some posters had mental issues, it all got nasty so people left. Now people hate each other, they bitch all the time and its horrible, too many heavy handed mods threatening to ban people on a whim if they have a bad day.

Anyway, I'd better stop or I'll be warned of a ban again.

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You forgot to mention Ken, you and Rich sure used to bait him. Shaneman , whom I met in Dallas, enjoyed your banter as he understood where you were at.

Brian

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
And Brian, I had the utmost respect for you.

Always the gentleman.

Col, try to be happy Brother, life is entirely too short, I lost both of my parents in the last few years.

Soon we will all be very old.

I choose to be forgiving and thankful.

And yes, I was Josie, but unfortunately I had a an email account that no longer exist,when I went to work for the TSA, I needed my old mentors back.

So Thales I became.

I actually spoke with Ken a couple of times, we were talking about doing some work together, but life got in the way.

Last edited:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Now that you mention it. I do remember Cindy, Tess, Ally, and Shaneman.

Time flies.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Good Morning Brian,

I miss our talks.

The thing is, I have boiled down the entire human condition into two branches.

Those that are thankful or grateful, and those that are unhappy.

I have thought about this for decades, my relationship with higher powers is based on it. I have written about in on many occasions.

In my observation the Universe transforms for those that give thanks. And the rest struggle with unhappiness and spread discontent or make unhappy statements.

I'm not saying we should be like a monk and be content to just hum chants all day long. Indeed, accomplishment is a primary human virtue.

What I am saying, is we must forgive those that fail to be thankful,.

Theirs is a much harder life.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 17:51
Col is hostage to his past, Thales did not object to Col's statement which was not done in a rude or sarcastic manner, why should you?

Brian

Brian

My deepest apologies.

I will check with Thales before expressing further opinions.

I take it that in future you will vouch for Thales.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
A typical example of someone we could do without.

What a strange comment. I suppose one can read whatever one likes in almost any comment. Are you saying "we" as in the members of these forums would be better if I left? Can you tell me the results of your poll to vote me out?

For the record, I referred to the 9 years because I thought it genuinely longer. When the USA had fun blasting the hell out of innocent civilians in 2003 Iraq, I thought Josie was around at that time. Obviously not. Time and age play tricks on ones memory.

Col

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
What has become of Rich?

I think Rich continued with his heating and plumbing business in Plymouth. He never actually worked as an access developer. He dropped in a couple of years ago, made a few posts then wandered off again.

I met him in Plymouth a few years back and we had a meal, good laugh.

Col

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Brian

My deepest apologies.

I will check with Thales before expressing further opinions.

I take it that in future you will vouch for Thales.

That gave me a pretty good chuckle.

Although, I don't think its entirely necessary for anyone to "vouch" for me.

My vindication is dealing with an excessively aggressive menopausal Asian woman, while I'm trying to make a living, create some new off-the-shelf software, and restore this old house.

All without losing my sense of humor.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
A few post? I think it was like 10,000.

Yeah, he was definitely the most active member here at the time. :D

I wonder how he is doing today. It would be nice to see him come around and let everyone know he's doing well.

I miss the days of friendly banter before everyone became obsessed with politics. There was once a time where nobody mentioned the nations we hailed from because there wasn't a need to. We all just got along. I still don't see the relevance in an Access forum unless we are speaking of date formats, but life goes on I guess.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 17:51
Yeah, he was definitely the most active member here at the time. :D

I wonder how he is doing today. It would be nice to see him come around and let everyone know he's doing well.

I miss the days of friendly banter before everyone became obsessed with politics. There was once a time where nobody mentioned the nations we hailed from because there wasn't a need to. We all just got along. I still don't see the relevance in an Access forum unless we are speaking of date formats, but life goes on I guess.

Vassago: You wrote "I still don't see the relevance in an Access forum unless we are speaking of date"

Is this a mistake by you or did I read it wrong?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I think he is saying that we should not be talking about peoples' nationality or rather location unless discussing Date formats. Not sure that is true but we certainly should not racist or rediculously critical as some posts are.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom