Question Hiding Ribbon Tabs in Access 2013 (1 Viewer)

kanetta

Local time
Today, 13:18
My first days with Access customization - apologies if this is trivial.

The client migrated to Access 2013. Before the migration, the DB was set up so that all Ribbon tabs except for Add-Ins were hidden, I am not sure how, but in a way bound to the individual database, not global Access settings. Now most of them are, but the Home (or Start in German) is not. The client would like to have it hidden.

I have googled this to death and tried the doCmd.ShowToolbar method, but it does not seem to recognize individual tabs.

Thanks for any input.

cyanidem

Nieóhfytny jaszczomp
Local time
Today, 12:18
Best site imho about ribbons is here. My guess is there's a custom ribbon created that's set up to show only Home tab. You may need to modify it to hide that tab as well.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:18
there is no way to hide the Home (backstage) tab.

cyanidem

Nieóhfytny jaszczomp
Local time
there is no way to hide the Home (backstage) tab.
Sorry, but that's misleading. It's absolutely possible to hide Home tab if you create a custom ribbon.
Like:
nohome.jpg

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:18
ok, its not the Home tab im referring its the File tab (backstage). In access a2k7 and below you can, but in a2k13, no. you have it in your picture.

cyanidem

Nieóhfytny jaszczomp
Local time
Ah yes, File tab stays no matter what, but it contains only Privacy options and Exit button.

kanetta

Local time
Today, 13:18
Thank you! I am not sure where to search for defined custom ribbons, could you possibly point me in the right direction?

cyanidem

Nieóhfytny jaszczomp
Local time
This link in my first post. Most thorough and detailed resource about ribbons I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom