Ribbon Toolbar Missing - please help (1 Viewer)

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:29
Hi everyone,

I purchased a new computer. I had the same OS installed (Win 7 Pro) and the same MS Office installed (ver 2010) as I had before.

When I open any of my databases, I find that the "Customize the Ribbon - New Group" I had created and have been adding to for a long time - is GONE!

The Group contained many useful shortcuts as well as macros.

Any idea how I can get it back? Is it hidden somewhere?

THANK YOU

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
THANK YOU! The link you provided talks about MS Word, not Access... I still have the old hard drive - where would it be on there? Do you know?

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 01:29
It should not matter which Office program you are using, the customisation files are exported/imported in the same way. As to where the file is actually stored, i do not know.

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
When you try to import the customization file, it does ask where it is located. Please remove comment - will no help anyone. Thank you for trying.

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 01:29
Hi Valery

I have just invoked export and import on my custom ribbon and by default it went to My Documents.

If your custom ribbon is not in My Docs, search for the file type .exportedUI.

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, thank you. Last night, I was researching this on the Web. I did look for "exportedUI". Problem is that before I had my drive removed from my old PC, I did not export them - therefore that file does not exist.

When I do export/import, you are right it defaults to My Documents where I have nothing.

On my old PC, all my databases would automatically have this custom ribbon - I never had to import or export. So there has to be a file on that hardrive that handled this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom