Leo = Bad Man? (1 Viewer)

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yesterday, 22:19
Well, there are some truths there:

He's certainly enthusiastic.
I'm sure his prices significantly undercut the competition (although you really generally DO get what you pay for).
And your IT headaches will certainly disappear after his coursework-level apps pack up and die and take your business with them.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
You know, I tried to post on that other thread this morning. Imagine my surprise to find that the account I've had there for at least a year got nuked sometime in the last three days.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 03:19
Hi Froth

Being as you were so kind as to 're-tweet' my earlier post, would you like me to send a message at the other forum on your behalf :D

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:19
I'm sure his prices significantly undercut the competition .

On his Facebook page he said he was expecting to pick up "$1000 or so" for his music shop database by the end of last November. Remember that was the one he sought help for because he couldn't generate a single report.

Do you recons what showed was worth that?

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Yesterday, 19:19
On his Facebook page he said he was expecting to pick up "$1000 or so" for his music shop database by the end of last November. Remember that was the one he sought help for because he couldn't generate a single report.

Not sure... Did you want to ask them? They DO have a facebook page...

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Hi Froth

Being as you were so kind as to 're-tweet' my earlier post, would you like me to send a message at the other forum on your behalf :D

LOL Nah, I'm more interested in figuring out what the blazes happened to my account. Already got a message in to management there asking what happened.

Besides, I don't even remember what I was going to say. Must not have been that important.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time

I said you get what you pay for. Damn if he hasn't proven me wrong.

I sure as hell wouldn't be showing anyone those switchboards he's so proud of, even if the brown-on-white is WAY better looking than the yellow-on-yellow. And from what I've seen going back and looking at his help threads, they're probably held together by bubble-gum and masking tape.

I mean, I get that we were all new at this once, and most of us needed help at one point or another, but this guy....

Honestly, though, I hope this guy learns to grow the hell up before his attitude gets him burned for real. As a would-be business owner, that is *SO* going to bite him in the ass down the road.

In the grand scheme of things, AWF is small enough that future clients likely won't notice the way he talked about him here, but if he doesn't learn to at least ACT like a rational human being, then sooner or later he's going to talk about a client like that someplace where they WILL see it, and that'll be all she wrote for the business prospects of Independent Programmer Leo 'I HATE GAYS AND PEOPLE WHO KNOW MORE THAN I DO' Coroneos.

Last edited:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
HOLY CRAP beta black knights are over $100?!? Wtf????

DevTycoon

Registered User.
Local time
This would give you a syntax error. Should be

Code:
Leo = "Bad Man?"

This will return "Bad Man" plus any single character, though I'd be careful with the wild cards myself. Best to try for an exact match. At least your only matching on one wild character though.

You may also want to consider dimensioning all variables and using option explicit if you don’t want to have issues down the line.

problem = opportunity

DevTycoon

Registered User.
Local time
Will AWF please start selling T-Shirts. “Leo = Bad Man”. I want one plz.

problem = opportunity

Mark_

Local time
@DevTycoon,

So your saying Leo should be in another dimension to avoid issues?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:19
You may also want to consider dimensioning all variables and using option explicit if you don’t want to have issues down the line.

I think Leo uses:

Option Expletive

Mark_

Local time
I think Leo uses:

Option Expletive

From content, Leo would definitely be EXPLICIT Where do you think the jizz comes from?

DevTycoon

Registered User.
Local time
From content, Leo would definitely be EXPLICIT Where do you think the jizz comes from?

Use Option base 1 too because Leo, you are special

problem = opportunity

DevTycoon

Registered User.
Local time
@DevTycoon,

So your saying Leo should be in another dimension to avoid issues?

By dimension do you mean forum? I am not aware of any database forums that we can refer him to solve these problems.

He may need to go to a Patagonia sweat lodge or perhaps just look in the mirror after posting stuff from other dimensions.

Please at least debug > compile so you don’t get errors when you instantiate the Leo variable without specifying the data type!

problem = opportunity

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time

Please I'm eating Lunch... and now all I can think of is Leo's Jizz... :eek::banghead:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:19
Colin, I HAVE to ask because I don't recall your signature having this before...

Mendip Data Systems? Is that legit or did you just add that in honor of Leo, who would not want to take a man-dip to save his soul?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Doc

You are very observant...as well as very witty. :)

It's my business name (click the website link in my signature line) and that's based on the Mendip Hills where I live.
However, I only added that to my signature last night.

Maybe I'm also subconsciously trying to keep Leo and his essence at bay....

Speaking of which maybe he could bottle and sell that as "Eau de Coroneos"
I'm sure some poor suckers would buy anything.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:19
I'm sure some poor suckers would buy anything.

Particularly if it is advertised cleverly.

We had a case in the USA that ended up in a federal court once, regarding the concept of "truth in advertising" laws. A guy ran a magazine add for a guaranteed roach killer, just send $20 plus $4 shipping and handling. (That's of course U.S. dollars, and we are talking about at least 50 years ago if not longer.)

What they got was two bricks labeled "A" and "B" and a single instruction sheet that said, "Place roach on top face of brick 'A' and rapidly apply bottom face of brick 'B' into flat contact with top face of brick 'A.' Clean 'A' & 'B' after each use. Bricks 'A' and 'B' may occasionally be reversed in function to minimize wear."

Of course, some folks sued the person running this scheme. Believe it or not, the courts uniformly found that the guy (a) had not lied and (b) that if you actually used the product as instructed, it WOULD kill roaches. It wasn't the advertiser's fault if the roaches wouldn't stay on brick A long enough for you go get brick B into the right place.

So my question is, at what point will Leo advertise his services and get sued by one of his customers for selling said customer a load of bricks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom