Tab Order incorrect in Datasheet (1 Viewer)

henryihunter1954

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:46
I have an Orders Form.
After making a selection from Combo Box, a Subform is correctly updated.

Once entering the Subform, I select the Product and the correct items are displayed in the Drop Down Menu. (Good So Far)
After selection is made, Tab goes to the Price Column with the correct price options for that particular item. (Good So Far)
My Quantity and Price fields calculates the correct Line Total. (Still Good So Far)

The option now becomes available to select another item for this Order.
The correct Product Items appear in the Drop Down Menu.
Now, after the selection is made, the Focus goes to the very first line item of the Orders Line. I want it to perform just like everything did in the first line, except on the line that the item was selected, not the previous line.

I've checked Tab Order and everything. Don't know why it is going back to the first line. Information is correct, but after selecting the 2nd Product, the flow of entering the data is not correct.

I do need someone's assistance.

Thanking you all in advance.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi,

One potential reason for the cursor to go back to the first record is if you're issuing a Requery on the form. Would this be the case for you?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
So, knowing the reason why you're seeing this unwanted behavior, were you able to fix it?

henryihunter1954

Registered User.
Local time
To theDBguy:

I am laughing for several reasons:

1. The help that I get from here is totally out of this world. Great Help to me.
2. And yes, I took your advice and took out the command to requery. Works just great.

Thanking you all once again for such great help.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi,

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. I hope you weren't offended by my question. I tend to let posters create their own solution, if they can, because it is more rewarding that way. Of course, I am standing by to assist, if necessary.

Good luck with your project.

henryihunter1954

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for the assistance.

I have not done any programming (if this is what I call it) in many many years.
I did DB3+ when I was in college in the mid-late 80's.

I've done a few desktop small database programs for a few professionals that needed reports.

Saying thank you all for the help. It has great, for me, to get such help.

Hope you and your family enjoy the holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom