Spell Check, MS 2016, Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

mjdemaris

Working on it...
Local time
Today, 12:18
A spell checker has started appearing on one of my forms, and only on one computer, that I know of.

And it seems to have begun after a Windows update was applied.

I have gone through the properties of the form and the Windows spell check setting and disabled all that, but it still pops up...and it pops up after pressing one key.

The PC is an Intel Compute Stick and had to have several updates done manually, as it does not seem to like all of Windows 10 features/updates...

I don't know if the PC type has anything to do with it, but I don't have any problems with this form on other computers. (At least no other user has complained!)

Thoughts?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:18
I noticed that your question has yet to receive an answer, hence I've bumped it up the list a bit. There's a lot of people around here with nothing to do because it's so quiet, so I'm pretty sure you will get an answer! Might not be the answer you want though!

msbad199

Local time
Today, 15:18
Have you checked the spell check at the control level, you can also disable it at the database level.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@Msbad
For the benefit of the OP, perhaps you explain how you would do this for a control or the entire database

msbad199

Local time
Select the field that is auto correcting the entry and in the field properties under the Other tab; change Allow Auto Correct to No.

For Database level (didn't work for me), select options; current database and turn off the Auto Correct features.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
That's what I thought you meant. Autocorrect isn't a full spell checker though it may be what the OP was referring to..

In fact, if you want to add a full spellcheck feature, it requires additional code.
I use an IESpell function for that

msbad199

Local time
True, but it will mess up a entry. Just last week one of my customers had an issue with their database in the last name field. When they entered the persons last name it changed it. Turning off the auto correct fixed the issue. As for spelling, I just use the build in spell check as where I work, if it's not approved, you can't use it and it's a hassle to get anything approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom