Problem while communicating with OLE or ActiveX (1 Viewer)

BoleMK

Local time
Today, 16:59
HI,
I was building form that was working nice for a long time.
Lately on event (OnClick)returns:
event property setting produced error: A Problem occurred while communicating with OLE server or ActiveX control.
Since i have many controls and events can't find the one that causes this error.

any suggestion how to find the problematic ones? I tried with deleting controls one after another but it continues until empty form. Then it is OK. no error reported.

thanks
BM

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 15:59
Look at the bottom of your post for Smiliar Threads section?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:59
did you backup your form?
try adding a button and add click event.
any errors again?

BoleMK

Local time
yes, I have backup.
I was reading intensively last few days and found that system.locale language for apps might have part in this error (I have Macedonian language in labels).
Have rebuild the form just in case, and now it works.
When i set system.locale back to English doesn't work again.
This FE should be distribute to group of machines, and i'm not sure if i have permission to change settings on them.

Language of labels is one thing, but VB code in forms command buttons and fields (events) that are all in English seem that have no connection but still!?
Could this two occurs be combined and produce this error message?

BM

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:59
better stick to en language, if you need Macedonian label, you can type it by switching keyboard language.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
...I tried with deleting controls one after another but it continues until empty form. Then it is OK. no error reported.

thanks
BM
Try by creating a new form, then copy a part of the controls into the new form, if no error copy a part more and so on, until you get the problem one, (or until the all controls are copied).
Here is a link till another member with the same problem that I helped last week.

https://access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=306857&page=2

BoleMK

Local time
@arnelgp, i was doing that way, but it seems that i have been working on several cpu's with different sistem.locale settings while creating the forms and controls. At one point the conflict appeared and was transfered on the next versions of the form. I understen your advice but not apliable at the users side because they have local setting. This database is onw of several apps they yous and cant be changed. So it is ok by now. I will have to be careful in the future. Thank you

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom